Hondo's Bar

DAY WATCH

Day Watch was so. fucking. awesome!! I loved it! The effects were amazing, and very enjoyable. The subtitles were decorative and at times a little interactive with the scene or how something was being said. I'm terrible at reviews, but I thought the acting was believable, though at times a bit silly.

There are a few classic scenes that I really enjoyed, but I won't say anything about them for now until someone else on here has seen it.

This last bit isn't quite a spoiler, but I'll put it in the tags just in case:

The ending, to me, leaves it kind of hard to make a third film, so I'm very interested and excited to see where they take it from here.

The third movie is rumored to be titled "Dusk Watch" or "Twilight Watch", but for now the working title is Night Watch 3.

ok, here is some more info from IMDB because I'm awesome at pasting their info! ha

Plot Summary of Day Watch for those interested:

It has been some time since the grand finale of the original film. Anton (Khabensky) continues to fight the forces of Darkness while simultaneously attempting to find and save his son from the clutches of those same forces. But when vampires belonging to the Dark side start mysteriously being killed, and Anton is framed for their murders, he must put that goal on hold and try to escape the Day Watch that is looking for his blood. (Written by Andrew Hunter)

536255152_0a16a8bf4f_o.jpg

and here is someone else's review!

Completely Unexpected production of The Russian Cinema, 2 January 2006

Author: leniv_lamer from Russian Federation

I saw Night Watch some time ago and I thought: Humm... What a nice movie. Interesting. Than I went to see Day Watch on the day of the premiere. Tickets had to be bought 3 hours earlier in order to get some. There was a crowd was so packed that even visiting the toilet was impossible. When the movie was starting I thought: well just the next over-talked-about movie, nothing special, BUT What I saw just left me astonished. I could never think such thing could happen. It is comparable by grandiosity to Titanic, and to StarWars by excitement, to The Matrix by plot. I have not seen such a thing yet. It combines Comedy, Action, Drama, Triller, Sci-Fy, Fantasy, Horror in such a manner that they bond without arguments. It's a MUST SEE!!!

The subtitles on this one aren't like the cool ones we saw in theaters. But it will do!

edit - wait. upload bein' silly! I gotta find the link to the torrent instead of uploading the torrent itself.

edit2 - ok here is a link from torrentspy listing all the fun ones you can hand pick yourself!

http://torrentspy.com/search.asp?query=%2B...ey=089118968996

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Didn't get to see this in the Cinema

But it got released on DVD last week, and picked it up.

The woman at the til says to me "you know this is in Russian!"

Of course, "i'm fluent in russian" is what i wanted to say, but instead i pointed out there was a DTS English Dub Audio on it.

Boy did she feel silly

Anywya, i'm gonna watch this soon.

• 1 year later...

Ok, so checking on IMDB on the 'Watch' movies, the third one with the working title Twilight Watch..... It says that it's going to be filmed in English. I don't get it. Why switch it from Russian to English? I haven't read the books, but I've read from various places that the first two movies take place in the first book. I loved both of them, but I don't get why this one is going to be English, whether it's a "new" story or not.

IMDB says it's supposed to be released in 2009, but there's barely any info on there. I'm gonna try to dig up more info on it, but who is excited to watch this? I can't wait for it to come out! (but in fucking English? I know I should be happy about it but I'm really not. I don't approve of this change, lol.)

Archived