Hondo's Bar

Resident Evil

Huge fan of the games and I enjoyed the first film. I kinda liked the second but I hated the third.

The first third had a empty, very post-apocalyptic feel that made it really enjoyable. They knew when to throw in the loud pops and snaps. The second third was just kind of meh and the last third was horrid, ridiculous, and a let down. I felt cheated. I'm not letting my husband pick the movie again.

damn. yeah, i guess about what most expected, then?

fucking shame, cause i went into the original with no real expectations and ended up loving it, it was a lotta fun...still wantd to see 2 but got put off by so many fans badmouthing it. was kinda hoping this might bring it full circle, but i guess not.

Just to clarify...I was diving Extinction into thirds...I re-read that and it looked kind of iffy.

Well, I had no expectations about any of them, to be honest. I'd seen nothing but Mila Jovovich in shorts and stockings, with a textured hair style. I mean...it leaves a lot of plot lines dangling and the ending is just...silly. Though, it leaves room for a fourth film. Which I'll see simply because I can't stand not knowing how something ends.

you're as bad as i was back on bootleg HBO, where, you know, way too late at night, after all the softcore-type shit's done and they show the really awful movies, and you know its shit like 10 minutes in but you stay up and feel like shit the next day cause you had to know how a b-rated vamp film (at best) "turned out"?

only, youre paying for this. :wank:

I can see why most people are a bit upset with this one, but I really enjoyed it. I felt that for me personally, the way it was left open was really cool and not a cop out. I'm very interested and excited to see how they carry on a fourth one now!

I have to admit though that I was all for the movie initially because Emigrate did a song for it. and a music video. And Emigrate is hardcore Richard Kruspe love. Ohhhhh he's delicious. The music is good, too. Naturally. oooooh.

Ha. I know. I can't help it. I'm also the type the reads the last chapter of the book first.

And I have watched my share of bad films. Most recent, Yor, Hunter from the Future. There've been others that I can remember the name of. Also, local stations on Sunday afternoons tend to show the crappy ones too. I think Extinction will fall into that category 20 years from now.

I like the way they left it open, MH. I mean...I would have given a bit more details about the other sruvivors and still left it open, but what I felt was silly was the very last scene. I mean...one, two , or maybe even three bubbles, but row upon row? That just seems waaaay overboard

• 3 years later...
According to a new report by Bloody Disgusting, producers are currently casting the roles of S.T.A.R.S (Special Tactics and Rescue Service) member Barry Burton, government agent and former cop Leon Scott Kennedy, and, interestingly, S.T.A.R.S. member Jill Valentine. The part of Jill Valentine has been played by Sienna Guillory in two previous films, and Guillory confirmed early on that she’d be returning as Jill Valentine for Retribution — in fact, until now she was the only confirmed member of Retribution — so it’s not clear why she’s being replaced.

totally unrelated

mummy3-brendan.jpgBarryBurton.jpg

Archived