Hondo's Bar

Wisdom - Rudiments of Wisdom

Darth Fluffakins

Has anyone read this, its so crazy and out there. I know it was written by a brithish guy and can clearly tell that from the writing but I was curious how it went over there. I know there's a british area of hondo's and maybe you guys can put in your two cents.

I would recommend it to everyone, you should check it out.

• 1 month later...

Ahhhhhhohhhhh. Pete Wisdom, formerly of... Xforce? Yeah, I saw a few pieces featuring him before, he strikes me as Marvel's answer to Manchester Black(by far DC's best villian), at least by the new stuff. Haven't heard of the writer though. What's a pissed off British X-pat(pardon the pun) do in his own Max series? Is there any defilement of Claremont's Excalibur? That'd be fuckin' great.

Ahhhhhhohhhhh. Pete Wisdom, formerly of... Xforce? Yeah, I saw a few pieces featuring him before, he strikes me as Marvel's answer to Manchester Black(by far DC's best villian), at least by the new stuff. Haven't heard of the writer though. What's a pissed off British X-pat(pardon the pun) do in his own Max series? Is there any defilement of Claremont's Excalibur? That'd be fuckin' great.

I thought he was part of Excalibur during the 90's... :blink:

You're right. Wiki says Ellis created him as a kind of covert equivalent of Excalibur, joined the regular roster, but last team affiliation was indeed with Xforce. The last Xforce stuff I saw before the Milligan/Allred makeover had him leading that team, I think.

Yeah, Hairsine's all over the damned place and while his pencils aren't really tight, he's contributed to some kick-arse stories(like Ultimate Nightmare, Ultimate six) to raise his stock some. The writer's some unknown with BBC accolades. Obviously a throwback of Joey Q's hit-and-miss 'pulling writers from all walks' campaign. SPeaking od which, is anyone reading Ultimate Iron Man 2? Shit is weak compared to the first arc.

Yeah, puns get you nothing. This isn't the dark underbelly of culture here. I've been agonizing over the Ultimate Galactus trilogy HC(on special at my local) but then I remember Nightmare was inspired, Secret was more techie and Ellis surreal, the third part I can not only forget the name of, but I think the first issue told me all I needed to just let it go. Did Mcniven draw parts 2 & 3?

For that matter does anyone have news on a finish to Ultimate Hulk V Wolverine?

man, i forget everything after ultimate Captain Marvel and then Prof X trying to scan the gah-lak-tus thing.

as for your question: no. its the new black cat, daredevil father, duke nukem forever or whatever you wanna put there, man.

then again, scud the disposable assassin's finally ending this year, after like a 10 year hiatus so hey, anything can happen.

Wait, you answered with a bunch more series that haven't finished? I've seen the DD: Father HC so how is that not done? Or do you mean Smith's two- BC:The Evil Man can Do/DD:Target? ANd the hell Duke Nukem needs to be finished? You're mind's going, man.

yeah, theyre done, but literally years after they were supposed to be is my point. that's what ultimate hulk/wolverine is now, a punchline. if it shows up and finishes, yeah, that'd be swell.

duke nukem forever is the same thing in games, its been like 10 years on hold.

Archived