Hondo's Bar

Spike Milligan

from wiki

Terence Alan Patrick Seán Milligan KBE (16 April 1918–27 February 2002), known as Spike Milligan, was an Irish comedian, writer, musician, poet and playwright. He played the piano, trumpet, guitar and saxophone and was the creator, the principal writer and a performing member of The Goon Show.

he also starred and wrote several sketch comedy tv shows

The Prince of Wales was a noted fan, and Milligan caused a stir by calling him a "little grovelling bastard" on live television in 1994.[5] He later faxed the prince, saying "I suppose a knighthood is out of the question?" In reality he and the Prince were very close friends,[4] and he was finally made a Knight Commander of the British Empire (KBE) (honorary because of his Irish citizenship) in 2000. He had been made an Honorary Commander of the British Empire (CBE) in 1992.

Of his honorary CBE — "I can't see the sense in it really. It makes me a Commander of the British Empire. They might as well make me a Commander of Milton Keynes — at least that exists."

Members of Monty Python greatly admired him, and gave Milligan a cameo role in their 1979 film, Monty Python's Life of Brian

In a BBC poll in August 1999, Spike Milligan was voted the "funniest person of the last 1000 years".

Even late in life, Milligan's black humour had not deserted him. After the death of friend Harry Secombe from cancer, he said, "I'm glad he died before me, because I didn't want him to sing at my funeral." A recording of Secombe singing was played at Milligan's memorial service. He also wrote his own obituary, in which he stated repeatedly that he "wrote the Goon show and died".

Milligan died from liver disease, at the age of 83, on 27 February 2002, at his home in Rye, East Sussex. On the day of his funeral, 8 March 2002, his coffin was carried to St Thomas's Church in Winchelsea, Sussex, and was draped in the tricolour of Ireland.[8] He had once quipped that he wanted his headstone to bear the words "I told you I was ill." He was buried at St Thomas's Church cemetery in Winchelsea, East Sussex, but the Chichester Diocese refused to allow this epitaph.[9] A compromise was reached with the Irish translation, "Dúirt mé leat go raibh mé breoite", and additionally in English, "Love, light, peace".

first irish rocket to the moon

another lot

words (just in case ye miss anything)

Sold to mrs elanor clot for 2 guineas. Lot number 4

(coughing)

One mahogany bedside cabinet with flowered porcelain nature receptical. One folk loom twill and lish antimacasar. One heplawite telescope tripod with a tarnished brass securing screw. One imitable martian marhalam. One imitation marble washstand with purification dish and fish attachment. One anti-burglar self-preservator hand bludgeoned, sand filled and hand sewn brown leather. Two cleverly inquandric hand operated brown oak candle holders with additional string. One stuffed Galapogas giant turtle on wheels with clockwork revolving eyes. Two bottles of imitation wax fruit, one banana ruefully chipped, once the property of the late Lord Frederick Crapton-Lee of Monmarth. One brown...

(coughing)

With extra string. One brown leather and macket fireside chair. One engraved carpet-filled arctic tea cosy with additional string and computer. One brass iron-bound bedstead with springhead manipulator and foot operated mallet. A similar lot. 7 and a half pairs of brown damaged curtains with foam rubber lining well known in Belgravia. One cut-glass delf claret decanter with extra string. One brass and metal 3 foot 6 bedstead with haircord anti-tic mattress and sundry attachments. A similar lot. Another lot. One collection of high altitude eagle studies. Two volumes on how to ween vultures. One volume on how to leave vultures alone. A collection of unknotted string in hand twined balls and vice versa which ever be greater to the power of ten. 14 man mounted ivory monkeys cut from single raw tard elephant tusk and signed Jim Yakamoto of Leeds. One kiln-fired clay hairy alsation answering to the name of Tom Dick or Harry and in that order. One sheridan stirrup cup in squatted brond and kneed lux the property of the corn hunt and a similar lot. One box of brown haircord buttons each containing two or four perferations. A similar lot. One early X-ray photo of Florence Nightingale's teeth facing east. Extra string in abundance. One child's hangman's kit once used. Two heavy brown boxes on brass stilts. One polished monogrammed brass bound box containing three pairs of domestic knee protectors. One throat mallet. One small brown pot containing another small brown pot. One iron-bound uncle frightener in three foot lengths. One auntie disintegrator in matted haircord. One pair of anonymous fruitbowls with appliances....

the bible - part 1

the bible - part 2

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=M8TRayEfdLA&watch_response

Archived