Hondo's Bar

The Andromeda Strain is back on A&E!

Everyone knows Michael Crichton for Jurassic Park, but one of his greatest gems is returning to the silver screen after a long overdue 37-year hiatus.

In a two-night television event beginning at 9pm EST Memorial Day, the A&E network will premier its remake of The Andromeda Strain.

I have to say that I am particularly psyched about this release as:

1. It's one of my favorite books EVER
  2. The 1971 version was quite chilling for its time
  3. The possibilities are endless with the contemporary cinematic technology available
  4. The cast and crew is top notch - Mikael Salomon, director of the TV series Band of Brothers and the Director of Photography (Cinematographer) for the movie Backdraft for which he won an Oscar for Best Visual Effects; Ridley Scott, executive produce for, among other movies, Gladiator and American Gangster; and Benjamin Bratt, who I believe is a highly underrated actor which you may remember as portraying Lt. Col. Mucci in WWII flick The Great Raid and as portraying Det. Ray Curtis in the TV crime drama Law & Order.

All in all, I'm really looking forward to this. Since I control the schedules for my team at work, I conveniently took myself off the schedule those days... :wink:

Has anyone else read the book or seen the original 1971 flick?

I never got to see the flick but I did read the book and it is great. I'm also really looking forward to his. (Didn't Ron Howard direct Backdraft?)

Yessir, you're correct - I've edited my post with the correct info. It was very late at night when I posted this.

Must...resist...urge to...correct...movie information...so I...don't...look...like a...perfectionist...tool...

Ok, no, I can't do it. I'm the movie board moderator so it's my job. Benjamin Bratt was in the WWII movie The Great Raid. The Great Escape was also a WWII movie, but it came out the same year Benjamin Bratt was born.

I'm really not a tool, I swear.

Must...resist...urge to...correct...movie information...so I...don't...look...like a...perfectionist...tool...

Ok, no, I can't do it. I'm the movie board moderator so it's my job. Benjamin Bratt was in the WWII movie The Great Raid. The Great Escape was also a WWII movie, but it came out the same year Benjamin Bratt was born.

I'm really not a tool, I swear.

LMAO - dude, in no way, shape or form do I take offense to that. It's a good thing. Corrections have been made...

Archived