Hondo's Bar

Trades vs Issues

The NZA

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Me too. I just found out the Ultimate X-Men & Spidey hardback trades have sketches & reprint some cool shit...hardback Sandman ones, those are even harder to come by. Lotta trades, lotta $....do the auctions at least sound good?

• 1 month later...

Bam! 15 auctions up right now, 3 just sold today - Ultimate Spider-Man, Preacher, and Sandman, clearing a hefty amount for em. Lot of other good ones up too...dont expect any buyers from here, but just in case ya wanna take a look, check out the descriptions & such, go to Ebay & look up seller "TheIrishCowboy"...next 2 months worth of rent paid so far! Now to shop around for hardback trades... :D

7 Auctions sold...bought back most of the trades & got some of next month's rent to boot...tho Ebay wants like a hundred bucks so far. 28 auctions up now, bout 20 left to go...wish me luck, people.

Overstock.com & Buy.com have helped me replace a lotta shit, tho Buy.com's dicking with me. Oh, just in case you guys have/know where to find em cheap...

Trades i need to replace:

X-Men: Age of Apocalypse (the thin gold foil trades...used to be everywhere)

Kingdom Come - hardback, i got Jumbie's for now tho

Sandman - (Hardcover) Dream Country, Preludes & Nocturnes, Doll's House, Season of Mists, The Kindly Ones

Death: Time of your life & High Cost of Living (hardcover..yeah im picky)

Transmetropolitan - Dirge, Lust for Life, The New Scum

Scud the disposable assassin - Heavy 3PO, Programmed for Damage, Solid Gold, The Yellow Horseman - fuckin no one has these & the home page ignores me..

Bone 3-7 hardcover

Chasing Dogma, Clerks TPB

X-Statix - Good Omens, Good Guys & Bad Guys

Wolverine: Not Dead Yet (Ellis)

The Maxx - They really need to put more trades on this one.

Apache Skies

Just A Pilgrim

Battle Chasers (fuck you, Joe Mad)

Vagabond TPB 5

Daredevil: Gaurdian Devil HC Deluxe (Silent Bob pointed this one out; watchin some auctions)

..oh, and :D said to get Frank Miller's "Martha Washington Goes to War".

Shit i wish they'd fucking put in trade already:

Hitman: anything past "Who Dares Wins'..cmon, this series was excellent!

Hellblazer: Rake at the Gates of Hell - Ennis' finale...only one unpublished, dammit!

Pride & Joy - Excellent Ennis mini-series

Anyway, been a lotta selling & picking up trades lately, thought i'd discuss it a bit.

Nah, part of my winnings picked up Earth X's deluxe hardcover edition - tons of sketches, extras, the box is shaped like X-51, orchestral soundtrack...its really cool. Its in black & white but it doesnt seem to take from the art...thing usually coasts between $125-150, someone made a typo on the auction & i got lucky, picked it up for about $35....

but nah havent got the Universe X trade yet. Mebbe later. Daredevil just sold, lemme go bug the winner.

• 2 weeks later...