Hondo's Bar

Fable 2

Jables

WHich is exactly what I'm doing. Funnily, due to demanding EB price match with another store, I get an additional $20 store credit trading it in as opposed to just straight returning it. I got my stupid fucking Halo armour so if I really feel like playing this down the track, I won't need the CE.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like meat, hell last night i ate pretty much a lb of mince and some gravy and made excuses for it by cooking a solitary potato and chopping up a small onion, because i was in the mood for something un healthy.. I just like my burgers to be more than just meat... And why wouldn't i dig drinking out of jars? I see it as a step down from cartons.

• 1 month later...
I'm going to trade this shit of a game in for a real game.
How'd it take you this long?
I have done already. It part paid for fallout. Amazing business on my part.
Bah! Amazing business is buying the game from a cheap retailer for AU$79, then trading it back to EB for $87. SOmehow that $8 made up for the terrible time I had playing that game.

• 6 months later...

wow, so went back & read this thread (im nearly done with the title now).

I think JZA nailed it: i didnt touch Fable 1, so this has been a lot've fun. also, the smary, cockney lighthearted shit, i kinda go for over every RPG needing to be epic extreme and not have any fun with it; elements of the humor reminded me a bit've Monkey Island, not uh, pipe-smoking Monty Python fans so much, so that might've helped too. its pretty baisc - the game does a fair job of making itself seem vast & larger than it is - but its pretty enjoyable, though ive got to stop the Sims-like micromanaging (keeping a whore, a thug 3-way and this undead wife and somehow baby happy is taking too much time, and honestly, fucking was novel at first but ive got to get on about the achievements).

newt didnt really seem to say what he didnt like so much, other than uh, the main quest being the same for good or evil....which is true for Fallout 3, Mass Effect, Oblivion, petty much any W-RPG ive played, so i dont get that. ive got his copy of part 1, i guess i should go back & try it sometime to see what was so magical there that's missing here?

DoJ - i was also fortunate enough to play it with the option to install to the drive, which i understand mightve cut loading times in half. theyre still noticable, so i can see where itdve pissed you off.

there's glitches to be had - i cant seem to complete some quests (even though i did), few things here & there and i wish some of the villagers would get off my nuts and stop crowding me, but again, i get sick of fetch-quests pretty easily but the last few days with this one havent been less than good..i kinda wanna replay as a d-bag sometime down the road. so yeah, JZA & co - what's missing here that was in part 1, why the hate, specifically?

ps im gonna bump every thread where jay says "how is this not a thread?" one day

It wasn't that anything was absent. I can't speak for everyone but I played the first one to death, the kind of death where I'm truly sick of it and just expected more from the sequel instead of the exact same thing.

ok. so about the lighthearted thing, and not doing shit new -

game starts on a somber tone about your sister & revenge and all, right? and like halfway through, outta fucking nowhere, boom, im stuck on a dystopian prison camp for like 10 years! that shit was crazy and i didnt see it coming.

the sidequests varied here & there, granted some were repetitive fetch-quests (and im missing out on the evil ones for playing a decent, but money-grubbing guy).

im guessing your sentiment here echoes your statement of not eagerly jumping on ultimate alliance 2 - i think you basically said "trust me, when you're tired of the engine, its done" - but was the plot so similar in 1 as well, or are you just saying the engine itself was identical so nothing was enjoyable for you? cause many a sequel to a game you loved/played to death uses largely the same engine, but prettier/with more options. i mean, ive been doing basically the same thing for 5 Silent Hill games, just towards different ends.

Yeah. Aye-den-tical. The first game is you as a boy, your family & sister killed, you're adopted by some guild who trains you up and then BAM your sister turns out to be working for the enemy. They were already sowing stupid seeds like that in the hour or two I played of 2.

aw, you didnt even run through the main quest, then...its not that long, but again, if its just a prettied-up engine you're sick of, i guess it cant be helped. i guess im grateful i missed out on 1, then?

its weird, cause i still wanna go play System Shock 2 now, even if Bioshock is gonna make it feel dated. i hear that one was scary, too. but based on what you're saying, i dont think there's much point to me going back & running through the original Fable.

Are you tired of Fable 2? If not, then you'll have fun with Fable and realistically the only things missing will be your blacksmithing & dog. On the upside, the minimap's a lot more helpful.

Regarding system Shock 2- that thing will still suprise you apparently. Adam dropped on me yesterday that there may or may not be monkeys contained therein.

Regarding system Shock 2- that thing will still suprise you apparently. Adam dropped on me yesterday that there may or may not be monkeys contained therein.

Monkeys and heroin? :D

*reads a bit more carefully* Oh. Nevermind.

Are you tired of Fable 2? If not, then you'll have fun with Fable and realistically the only things missing will be your blacksmithing & dog. On the upside, the minimap's a lot more helpful.

ah, that's what this game's missing: a map feature. the golden line thing works, but there's times it doesnt come up, and i cant find a particular store unless there's a sale/made it a quest. the map in the pause screen isnt really useful, either.

Like to see you nuke a town in fable

:D the ability to buy out stores, price-gouge, marry hookers, slap them silly and before they divorce you, sacrifice them is something new for me. again, for me this sandbox shit is gimmicky across the board, but its holding my interest.

fallout's strength wasnt in its moments at all for me, it was in the actual desire to wander the terrain and see what happens, cause the world felt alive and chaotic. if red dead delivers on something nearly that, ill take back my disdain for most sandbox experiences.

@ to bish, if youre into doing really crazy, awful shit you cant do in most games, Fallout 2 is where its at.

still, im chalking it up to what you guys're saying as far as being the same engine with a new coat of paint, which is fair. newt - what about the plot points, though?

was i the only one who thought that prison camp shit outta nowhere was cool?

the ability to buy out stores, price-gouge, marry hookers, slap them silly and before they divorce you, sacrifice them

Which was fun to do in the FIRST game.

was i the only one who thought that prison camp shit outta nowhere was cool?

It was cool in the FIRST game as well.

Only thing that was different was you weren't stuck 10 years in prison.

All they did was recycle everything from the first game and threw in a dog.

wait, so even the plot stuff was the same in part 1? shit, didnt know that. i concede the point then, but youse guys can see where'd you'dve been enjoying this one if you'd not've played part 1, then.

wait, so even the plot stuff was the same in part 1? shit, didnt know that. i concede the point then, but youse guys can see where'd you'dve been enjoying this one if you'd not've played part 1, then.

I would've enjoyed this game if I didn't play part 1.

aw man, i just got the "ruler of albion" achievement left, i gotta hound bish for some cash to buy up property...i jacked up everyone's rent to 100% (that got me a lot of love), still dont have enough to keep investing in shit. Fairfax castle wiped me out.

Archived