Hondo's Bar

Spider Woman

The NZA

your 2nd point might be right. your fist - what? you're nitpicking. he wanted to use Drew as Alias, Marvel basically said no (i didnt know the animated thing was a factor) and he made his own Jessica instead. that's what i/logans were saying! what are you, channeling joel here?

Did I blame communism for not letting him use Spider-Woman? No. I'm nitpicking but those are still pretty weak exscuses even if they were the real ones. Nobody watched the Spider Woman cartoon when it was on, let alone remembers it now. Plus everything I've seen or read about Brian Michael Bendis seems to indicate that he's had Marvel by the balls since he started out there and if he told them to make a weekly booklet called The Erotic Adventures of Super Hitler they'd probably be more concerned with how many zeroes they could fit on the check than they would be the source material.

well, you gotta remember: after the story about Avi Arad blowing his top over Ennis' MAX Fury (you heard this one before? supposedly the were talking a Steranko/007 type film and Clooney was on board, but rumor was the MAX book pushed him off of it), Arad/Marvel Media got a bigger hand in the editing type shit. Its ok to make NY Times front page for Cap dying, and its prolly ok to get noticed for making Rawhide Kid gay...but it might not be ok if there's a movie deal going and you fuck about with things. Like, the Lizard raping MJ to death a bit before Spidey 4 would be a no-no. im obviously using extremes but im guessing any property considered "potential movie/animated property" might be left in a corner. i.e., i woudlnt be surprised if Bendis needed the ok from Joe Q & co before using Deathlok in New Avengers that time, what with talk of a movie property somehow.

i dont disagree that Bendis has almost the full run at marvel in his exclusivity contract - fuck, they made a new imprint mostly for him & his friends - but were talking about Marvel Entertainment nowadays, not Marvel Comics, you know? if there's a chance for the byline "SPIDER-WOMAN DOES ANAL WITH EX-CON IN CHILDRENS BOOKS" and anyone at all at marvel studios thinks (rightfully) a drew flick could at the very least make more than Elektra did....im thinking that's all itd take.

Archived