Hondo's Bar

Planet Hulk

The NZA

51Fzvk5S+YL._SS500_.jpg

same studio/animators as Hulk/Wolverine/Thor (this team clearly has a thing for a few of those characters), and i gotta say - these guys're awesome. where they deviate from the comics, they tend to make it work better for their stories...you've gotta see how the Savage Surfer bit is played out here.

I wish all the funding for whatever team did the Dr. Strange/Iron Man/etc animated films went to them instead. thanks again to newt for bringing this by, lotta fun.

see, i was hoping they'd skip it, but newt's like you and thinks, given an hour or so of good animation, they can make it work. at this point, id give it a shot if they did, they clearly know enough marvel to make a story work.

Well, as much as I don't share Jay's JR Jr. hate, I must say a change in art will go a long way. That hologram of the Hulk declaring war replaced the WTF-face Captain America from Civil War as the ugliest fucking piece of artwork I have ever witnessed in my life. Simplifying it by eliminating all the side plots and post-Civil War bullshit will also help. For some reason I find myself wanting to watch the Ghost Rider fight done though, even though those were the only two bad issues that series has had.

I just got this one last night. I might have to watch it today since it's getting such glowing reviews. That reminds me, I still haven't watched the GL animated film yet either...

see, i was hoping they'd skip it, but newt's like you and thinks, given an hour or so of good animation, they can make it work. at this point, id give it a shot if they did, they clearly know enough marvel to make a story work.

WWH wasn't a total loss. The premise was good but it never delivered. HUlK actually making the heroes fight each other to the death then conquering the world would make for a good What If? film.

Archived