Hondo's Bar

Repo! The Genetic Opera

MetalHeart

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0963194/

Taken from IMDB

In the year 2056 - the not so distant future - an epidemic of organ failures devastates the planet. Out of the tragedy, a savior emerges: GeneCo, a biotech company that offers organ transplants, for a price. Those who miss their payments are scheduled for repossession and hunted by villainous Repo Men. In a world where surgery addicts are hooked on painkilling drugs and murder is sanctioned by law, a sheltered young girl searches for the cure to her own rare disease as well as information about her family's mysterious history. After being sucked into the haunting world of GeneCo, she is unable to turn back, as all of her questions will be answered at the wildly anticipated spectacular event: The Genetic Opera.

The movie came out in 2008, but it's conception was made in 1999 through the stage. It's so awesome.

The film cast is so amazing. Such a great list of names!

Trailers:

I'll post some of my favorite songs/clips soon, but has anyone else seen this?!

I think the Repo movies are a case like Dante's Peak/Volcano, Deep Impact/Armageddon, Deathrace 2000/Rollerball where two movies with similar plots are released at the same time. Then of course there's the Asylum which makes movies like The Day the Earth Stopped, I Am Omega, Transmorphers, and Aliven vs. Hunter (AVH). But seeing as Repo Men doesn't focus on black market anesthetic, surgery addiction, grave-robbing, or Pauli Sorvino and seems to be more of a Equilibrium with black-market organs type of thing I think the similarities end at the basic premise of repo men taking back organs from people who don't make payments and thus I bear them no umbrage. I don't expect much from this but if it turns out to be good and not Gattaca meets Equilibrium with a Repo! twist, then I'll enjoy it. And to anyone who just flat out hates it because of the similarities deserves the Forest Whitaker eyes:

whitaker.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, well there's apparently another dimension to Repo Men, found here, that kind of explains how Repo Men has literally even less than anyone thought to do with REPO! This still wont calm the rabid fans, but I've seen their ilk and the only thing that seems to put them down is death, so let them rage until somebody does a midnight showing of Priscilla Queen of the Desert and they all fuck off to be annoying in their own space.

• 1 month later...

Archived