Hondo's Bar

High fructose corn syrup

amynicole

I've always been amused by the in moderation defense for things like MSG and high fructose corn syrup that are in so many of the products out there (ofetn without us even noticing), making it difficult to use moderately.

I've always been amused by the in moderation defense for things like MSG and high fructose corn syrup that are in so many of the products out there (ofetn without us even noticing), making it difficult to use moderately.

Yeah, that's true. Only way I can see them doing something like that is another Super Size Me documentary.

Corn syrup is in practically everything, cutting it out of your diet is nigh-upon impossible. Your only options are to eat organically (hope you're rich because that's the only way that that's ever going to happen for you) or just try and carefully moderate your intake by knowing which foods have it and which don't.

Well I've cut out sweetened drinks all together, and my breakfast cereals are organic, and I eat fruit. Our dinner is usually cooked from scratch, no processed foods, except maybe the occasional bread. But it's mostly lean meats and vegtables, and lots of fresh herbs for taste. But I can't give up my yogurt, English muffins, or fat free pudding cups. Or granola bars. But we have cut way back. We are making alot of little changes, and we've both made some progress.

Archived