Hondo's Bar

valve news and discussion

gunsmithx

Ok first up some more super cool portal 2 news(grumble pre order, grumble) There was a post on the germen ps blog saying that it would now have Move support... damn it now I"ll have to get a move :( killer app is killer. awaiting valve to confirm it though. //Valve says it was a mistralation and no move support at this time, though it looks more like a misquote then a mistranslation

Also New DLC will be coming for L4D2 including the last maps off l4d1 which means you can uninstall it. People are wondering if this might mean a ps3 version as well since they could simply pack the whole thing.

Also one thing I do have to say before the valve love fest, is fuck their customer support, my account is fine but if I hear one more story of issues with one game causing them to freeze people out of all of their games I'm gonna be pissed it's fucking retarded and one of the last reasons I hate DD. For the record dont' ever do chargebacks or they will kill your account with no questions asked :(

...thought move support was just a rumor? Los says: translated news says it was announced, then valve quickly denounced it due to translation error. ah well.

gun - are there that many stories about that happening on steam? are we talking VAC bannings or what specifically? im loving them, so yeah, that's shitty to hear.

basically anytime you have a dispute over a purchase and try to do a chargeback or something they lock your entire account until you get rid of it(and people have had huge problems with that) and frankly they can be bitchy about giving your money back if something doesn't run. I've also heard a few people talk about getting vac bans for running single player mods too which sucks and it's a huge huge pain to deal with valve because it's all email support and if don't always bother to look too deeply into things.

I don't normally say money fixes problems but for the amount they make their customer service is fucking aweful, they need to invest into it at some point and frankly I have a feeling at some point they are getting a law suit for that chargeback/lock whole account BS.

If they want to lock my account fine but I should still have access to shit I buy, it's why I only buy shit on sale on steam, if something goes wrong I get my monies worth.

Archived