Hondo's Bar

NBA draft

gunsmithx

I believe that with the new collective bargaining agreement looming, teams aren't gonna do anything crazy this year. You'll still see trades here and there, but nothing blockbuster. Trading Rondo for whatever is pretty crazy. Plus, Ainge has already put his foot in his mouth trading Big Perk away. Rondo's their future anyway.

I say The Lakers should get rid of Bynum/Artest for someone decent and take another, fresh run at the title. Stupid, you say?

Depends.

Bynum is still damaged goods.

- Obviously a young 7 footer with great build, defence etc is a building block.

However...

- His knees are a major issue. We can all act like sports medics and debate the fine intricacies of his injuries but the proof is in the pudding.

- At 23 this guy has played one full season and the next best being 65 games.

- Its not like he has even been playing major minutes, he has got to 30 mpg once...last season.

Now if Im looking at bynum as a long term option, I take a very cynical look at the possibility of him deteriorating more through out his career. It may not be next season or the season afterwards but the history of young players with serious injuries earlier in their career does not bode well. Particularly with big men, due to the nature of their game.

If the Lakers have dwight howard, chris paul or any future star agents they should go for it while Bynum has decent value. Im not a fortune teller and Bynum could well be injury free for the rest of his career, but given the specifics the Lakers have to be pragmatic about his value. In my opinion.

Oh Jesus... a Lakers fan. A real one, not a troll like a certain other board member.

I know there's been talk of the Lakers going for Howard, but he seems to be sticking with Orlando. For now. Though, he'd be better off in Boston...

Chris Paul I could see more, but again, Boston.

I grew up with the Lakers. I cried year after year as the Celtics stuck daggers in our hearts, celebrated 33 wins, was in the arena when Magic dished off to Kareem to break Wilt's scoring record, and loved Showtime.

In sports parlance, I bleed Laker purple and gold. But not really for this team.

I grew up with the Lakers. I cried year after year as the Celtics stuck daggers in our hearts, celebrated 33 wins, was in the arena when Magic dished off to Kareem to break Wilt's scoring record, and loved Showtime.

In sports parlance, I bleed Laker purple and gold. But not really for this team.

I cried year after year as the Celtics stuck daggers in our hearts

Greatest era in the game. :2T:

On a side note, take all my comments about the Lakers, Yankees, Montreal Canadiens, and Jets, and New York in general with a grain of salt. Most of the time I kid. I've met... 1 or 2 ok fans from each team. Well, 1 only for Montreal. I obsess about Boston, to the point that everyone an here would like to invest in duct tape and permanently gag me. I bleed Green, Black and Yellow, Red, and Red Blue and Gunmetal.

Even my Miami homerism is nothing to Benny's Boston gayness. And Howard is NOT going to the Celtics! Forget about it! You're gonna sit in Big Man Purgatory and like it. Trading Perk? So stupid...

Yeah, Howard seems like he's committed to Orlando. Which, good for him. Trading Perk was one of the dumbest moves ever. Before that, we all but had the championship on lock. Oh well, at least a banner will still go up in the Gah-den. One we needed more than a Celts banner.

You just want to see Howard in Orlando cause you don't want him going the LA. Pfffft. He's gonna end up staying and its gonna be the dumbest thing he's ever done. He needs to get out while he can! But if its to the Lakers... then he should stay ;P

Yeah, in this era of Big 3's and super-teams, Dwight has no chance if he stays. But if he's committed to his fans like that, then props to him. Still, I'd love to see him in green. I can dream. Hell, last year I dreamt of Shaq coming to Boston. He did. He did great till the end of the season. Then he fell flat on his face, and became 4,000 years old, panting and wheezing after 12 seconds in the game.

Hell, last year I dreamt of Shaq coming to Boston. He did. He did great till the end of the season. Then he fell flat on his face, and became 4,000 years old, panting and wheezing after 12 seconds in the game.

Now now...the poor man has sleep apnea! It must attribute to his sluggishness

Now now...the poor man has sleep apnea! It must attribute to his sluggishness

This is true. Hmm... maybe with some treatment he'll feel better like his old self, and say "Ha, ha I was kidding" and become super Shaq again. Or should I say KAZAAM! and... Eh, maybe...

Archived