Hondo's Bar

Resident Evil HD Collection

The NZA

51ZVYkYxHsL._SL500_300_.jpg

no, i dont know what happened to chris' face (or ada's lack of one) either

Capcom's considerable presence at Comic-Con 2011 has mostly revolved around two major fighting games - Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Street Fighter X Tekken. Today, during its Resident Evil panel, the publisher gave fans of the Resident Evil franchise a bit of good news - specific release dates for Resident Evil 4 HD and Resident Evil: Code Veronica HD.

Resident Evil 4 HD will be available on September 20. Resident Evil: Code Veronica HD will be available on September 27. Both titles will be available on Xbox Live Games on Demand and PSN.

In addition to high resolution visuals, both games will support achievements and trophies. Resident Evil 4 HD will include the additional content that was added to the series throughout its various iterations. Capcom didn't specify what each game would cost, but did say gamers could expect "budget pricing

was really hoping we'd get a disc version, much less the complete (1-4 + CV!) that japan's getting. waiting on gamesharing pricing details now.

*edit: uh wait

SAN DIEGO--Japanese gamers will have a crack at the high-definition updates of Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil: Code: Veronica X as part of the expansive 15th Anniversary bundle on September 8. As part of Comic-Con 2011 today, Capcom said US gamers will have to wait a bit longer.

Resident Evil 4's zombies will soon have a fresh, crisp look.

Premiering first will be Resident Evil 4 HD, which will drop on September 20. A week later, Resident Evil Code: Veronica X will hit shelves on September 27.

Capcom made the news today during its Resident Evil panel at Comic-Con, where the publisher also said both games will be available at retail and, as was previously announced, digitally. Xbox 360 gamers can pick up each title via Games on Demand and PlayStation 3 owners can grab both games on the PlayStation Network.

anyone else interested? i swear i'm not just making this topic to give newt a chance to vent his hated for Capcom.

Edited by The NZA
damn you, von newtypes

I loved Code: Veronica on the Dreamcast, but I've tried to go back and play it and I simply cannot tolerate those clunky ass classic RE tank controls anymore. There was a time where I would put up with it out of love, but no more. It's stupid.

That pretty much kills anything pre-RE 4 for me. If they give me an option to move my character around like every other goddamn 3D game that's been made in the last decade, I'll bite. Until then, they can blow me with that nostalgia crap.

someone's gonna have a hard time with the SH collection

yeah, Los & Sen both want me to try to finish CV one more time, but i too worry about that control scheme. i will certainly blame that again if i never manage to get past where you get Chris or so.

yo, fuck this.

for real, my plan right now: los buys X, i buy RE4, we take turns gamesharing on different days. anyone else that wants in & says fuck capcom, hit us up. i'm ok with play shit from back when they put out quality last gen.

yeah, we were figuring we'd have to abide said DRM and not play either copy for 24 hours from when the other guy did, totally doable for stuff like this.

new shot of updated dynamic lighting in Code Veronica, looks a lot better:

EDyIF.gif

• 2 months later...

...so, i know they're not high on most lists with the deluge of titles we're getting now, but did anyone else grab the remakes? i was all over 4 until Dark Souls dropped, gotta get back to it in a bit (even if they forgot to put in a platinum, heh).

2802wrc.jpg

look at how sexy and organized that is. now look at this shit.

jEdWSAoEY5xNy.jpg

@#%#%$%$% ugh how can you call that micromanaging

oh god, i was like halfway through the castle; almost forgot about those terrors.

i thought i heard they were worse than last time! again though, ive read the game auto-adjusts difficulty, so unless you're trying for an S rank, maybe dying a few times will even shit out? i said the same shit back in the village when your average zombie took more shots than i recall (and id played the fuck out of the game back in '05), so i guess that explains it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Resident Evil Zero HD rumor

6NHn81WZTq2R.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

Following the success of Resident Evil HD earlier this year, it's little wonder Capcom is going back for more. According to a Famitsu report (dubiously translated by Google), Resident Evil Zero is getting the HD treatment, and will be coming to PC.

There's not much solid information at present, aside from an early 2016 release window and the image above, which appears to be in-game footage. Resident Evil Zero originally released in 2002 as a GameCube exclusive, and was a prequel to the original game. It'll be the first time Zero has been available on a non-Nintendo platform.

Hope this is true, I thoroughly enjoyed this game. My second favorite RE behind 4. It's been a loooong time though so I'm not sure how it's aged storywise.

if this isn't confirmed yet, i'll basically take it as such...this is the one i had on my list, finally got for GC but still haven't played. it'd be great to have this to look forward to as a halloween game as well!

• 2 weeks later...