Hondo's Bar

Hondos IRC

Lorelei

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I propose we, as a strong community, set up an IRC channel on freenode or rizon. I propose we make myself (since I'm good with IRC, can code IRC bots, and if successful I would total host our own IRC server), JZA, and metalhearts the ops because of timescales. I would also like to consider a few others and would appreciate your feedback.

IRC is like our own manageable chat room. It doesn't matter if we already have one because we need one so we can connect to IRC on our smartphones which is a nicer interface than the web.

Real time text-based chat, no facebook privacy bs, low system resources, available on smartphones, slow connections, DCC, private chats, flexibility and customisation, logs, and the possibility to get new users involved

• 2 months later...

one could easily script the irc into the place of the shoutbox as a java thingy or whatever, and then those who just want to browse the shoutbox and those how are more comfortable can chat in the same place at the same time. It's what we did for my gaming group site.

Just sayin.

Archived