Hondo's Bar

/v/ (4chan)'s Video Game Awards

The NZA

great categories, some interesting picks - and again, even with the skits, i still think the awards ceremony came off classier than Spike TV's awful award show.

HYPERBOLE AWARD for most impressive trailer: Dead Island

SORT OF OK DEV AWARD: Valve Corporation (Portal 2)

KARL MARX AWARD for most capatilistic publisher: Activision (Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure)

ALRIGHT PUBLISHER AWARD: Valve Corporation (Portal 2)

HAMBURGER HELPER AWARD for terrible writing: Dragon Age 2

PLANESCAPE AWARD for great writing: Portal 2

BLUNDER OF THE YEAR: Duke Nukem Forever

PRESS X TO WIN THE AWARD for most awful gameplay: Dragon Age 2

"ACTUALLY KIND OF FUN" AWARD for best gameplay: Dark Souls

SCRUB OF THE YEAR: iJustine

REHASH AWARD for least improved sequel: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3

REDDIT AWARD for most hated fanbase this year: Biodrones

AUDIOPHILE AWARD for best sound: Battlefield 3

EARGASM AWARD for best soundtrack: Bastion

TEABAGGING AWARD for worst videogame related event: Spike Video Game Awards

"MY EYES ARE BLEEDING" AWARD for worst graphics: Minecraft

STYLISH AESTHETICS AWARD for best aesthetics / art style: Bastion

GRAFICS CAT AWARD for best technical graphics: Battlefield 3

ACTIVISION AWARD for crimes against gaming: EA's Origin

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. AWARD for least convincing voice acting: Star Wars The Old Republic

GOLDEN VOICE AWARD for the best voice actor / actress: Stephen Merchant (Portal 2)

BEST VOICE ACTING AWARD: Portal 2

MOST INTERESTING NEW IP: Bastion

MOST HATED GAME OF THE YEAR: Dragon Age 2

LEAST HATED GAME OF THE YEAR: Deus Ex Human Revolution

VY CANIS MAJORIS AWARD for fattest developer: Gabe Newell

• 10 months later...

I find the lack of Darksiders 2, especially in the not such a rehash category, upsetting. Good picks for the most part though.

And oh God, my fuck you vote totally went to Ben from Walking Dead. Annoying little piece of shit that I won't spoil anything about except he sucks ass.

did you like DS2? it was one of those that dropped, then no one talked about it...maybe cause of other releases around then but i dont recall.

what turned me off from the hype was hearing it dropped the zelda-biting for diablo-biting (loot-whoring), which didn't fit what i liked about 1 at all.

No dude, it does certainly have the loot whoring bit, but the dungeons are still very solid and the overall game is much more polished. The Zelda feel is still there. I think it would be a shame for fans of the first one to miss out on it.

• 1 month later...

<object bgcolor='#000000' data='http://www.twitch.tv/widgets/archive_embed_player.swf' height='378' id='clip_embed_player_flash' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='620'><param name='movie' value='http://www.twitch.tv/widgets/archive_embed_player.swf' /><param name='allowScriptAccess' value='always' /><param name='allowNetworking' value='all' /><param name='allowFullScreen' value='true' /><param name='flashvars' value='start_volume=25&archive_id=373126916&channel=vidyagaemawards&auto_play=false&title=2012%2BAwards%2B-%2B2nd%2BMarch%252C%2B2013' /></object><br /><a href="http://www.twitch.tv/vidyagaemawards" class="trk" style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width: 320px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px; text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from vidyagaemawards on TwitchTV</a>

The Winners

Edited by axel_napalm