Hondo's Bar

Thirteen Ghosts

Saw this one over the holidays, its a little old i think but It was a good rental. Jaysus, its downright friggin creepy! It starts off well, a little carnage up front to get you interested, then some character development and then you hit the core of the movie.

Its not a "make you jump" movie, its one that scares you flat out. Has a cool perspective on ghosts and dealings with them that I liked very much. The DVD Extras were very cool and took the story a little deeper gave some more story elements and background. The making of was also a nice feature on this one, the Filming of this movie was extrordinarily difficult. Also the special effects were used very well and only when needed, nothing gratuitous to WOW the audience, just to aid in creeping you out that much worse.

All in all very good ghost movie, recommended to watch in a dark room with surround sound.

Holy shit! Spongebob has a leg up on JMT!

...Wow, that conjures a horrid mental picture

Anyhow, when the immortal yahven upgraded the boards there was a new option added just above the post button allowing you to select whether or not you have the "Edited by" line added or not.

Shame too, gotta remember to quote before i walk through open doors now so theres proof. B)

• 1 month later...

TD, i disagree. This is a "jump" movie. This is also a "sound" movie. A LOT of bass to show off your system :D anyway, yes this movie is creepy as hell. Wanna jump? watch this one in the dark, with a relatively good volume to it. Awesome! However, it's not a keeper movie, the replay value on this movie is nill.

Yeah, but then again I'd watch The Ring again, at least once or twice, 'cause that shit was cool. Saw Blair Witch a few times, Sixth Sense as well. Seven...fuck, i lost count.

So yeah you got a point about knowing what happens but still, a good movie's a good movie, even they can have some replay.

Thanks for backin me there ic. sure, most horror films don't have too much replay value, but it's nice to see some out there that do. speaking of horror/thriller no replay value, check out resurrection. it's one of those christopher lambert movie types (detective, mystery... i.e. first knight) One of those that will make you nausious one way or another.

..did Chrpnbrd drink during her pregnancy with you, Ian?

Hah, i used to think Lambert was alright till all the Highlander sequels. Someone once told me to see this movie involving him, a train, and some cool sword fights....cant remember the name, something express i think.

Seriously tho, wish there were more horror flicks like Seven & The Ring. I'm tryin to find "The Eye" that one KOS went on about, cant seem to find it anywhere.

Haha....its the only one he's seen, Spiffy...and yeah id agree with you & Kee, was goin alright but went pretty cheezy by the end.

Interesting, tho - the version i rented from Netflix had, about 20 minutes more at its halfway point than the blockbuster version i watched with TD & them. Their version had an extra half hour or so of scenes still cut out, and they didnt include my 20 minutes worth!

So think of it that way...you prolly saw the film without close to an hour's worth of footage. And you thought it dragged on, hah!

But yeah, Crouching Tiger's a must see, i dont get tired of that one. Ang Lee seems like a badass, and for fucksake, its got Michelle Yeoh and Chow, baby! How can you go wrong with Chow?!

(you know, outside of "Anna and the King"...or "Replacement Killers"...)