Hondo's Bar

Mighty No. 9

The NZA

Whoa that looks pretty sweet. Does it take place in Megaman's universe? If not I wonder if Capcom would take offense to how close it looks like it. I'm not sure what I'm looking at right now.

HX6OyHZ.gif

Edited by axel_napalm

nah, video/FAQ says they obviously cant have anything to do with MM, so it's not-MM, or Mega Dude or whatever. the unveiling was my PAX highlight so far, watch the video on the KS link! great concept art, great return to form for Inafune.

given that its only been hours and we're creeping up on 200k already, i really really hope more classic japanese devs get the message: Capcom/Konami/Sega/Square/etc not letting you make the kinda games you wanna do? take your ball & go indie, tons of us wanna fund you!

g3xUPzD.jpg

everything about this looks great to me. i guess they're starting with it as a PC game for development costs, but considering we're already closing in on $250k (!) i don't think the stretch goal of 2.5 mill to bring it to WU/PS3/360 is gonna be a problem with the remaining days...kinda wish it'd go Vita/3DS as well though.

I'd love to support this, but there's no way this isn't getting slammed with a cease and desist from Capcom. I love it, but it's almost too on the nose.

They can't and it will end very badly for capcom if they try.

Case in point:

Fire Emblem's creator leaving the fold and making Tear Ring Saga with Enterbrain, Nintendo suing, and losing, appealing, getting a pittance but not an injunction, appealing again, and losing. Court ruled that the similarities are because of the creator's "style" and Nintendo didn't own that.

just passed 3/4 mill in about 24 hours...wonder what time later today it'll hit its goal. goddamn this is amazing to watch.

I'd love to support this, but there's no way this isn't getting slammed with a cease and desist from Capcom. I love it, but it's almost too on the nose.

newt's right, you're thinking too much of IP law in the US. the deck is not nearly as stacked towards them in japan, hence why so many blatant rips have gone unchallenged - i'd put solid money they don't do a thing legally, but try to capitalize on it somehow after all the money pours in.

I would luv to dump $500 into this 1 for the signed art by inafune but alas... I must pay for tuition :'/

I did t hear about the cease/desist order but 1 look at this n I couldn't help to think that inafune wants megaman back pretty bad.

I can't help but to think dumbass capcom is waiting for the most terrible of proposals from a cheap unintegritous dev for a megaman reboot.

I've been crying in my sleep since mighty #9 was first announced.

Edited by IceManML

• 4 weeks later...

The only bad news is, soon I'm going to have to fill out a survey from kickstarter specifying which console/handheld I want to receive a non existent game on. PS3? PS4? PSVita?? How am I supposed to choose!?

Won't you be able to stream the game from the PS4 to the Vita even if your not at home.?

• 2 years later...

that was terrible

almost as terrible as that time years back when i forked over a bunch of money for a box that's gonna have a digital code in it...just to have them sell actual physical boxed copies with a figure on amazon - for cheaper - like a few months later