Hondo's Bar

Shinobi Versus Link

arc

shinobi versus link  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Heh...cool. :D :link:

Is this like east vs west? Sword styles are completely different, but both have magic. Both have horses, too, come to think of it.

Ill havta think on this one....i wanna give it to Link for experience, but Shniobi's fast as hell in the last game, too.

Hmm I love my boy link but I think Shinobi would take ther fight. Link is a hometown hero, basically experiance taught and more of a toe to toe fighter. Shinobi is a trained ninja, very nimble and fast. I can see link getting pinned behind his shield a goodly bit trying to deflect shurikens and having a hard time hittin the ninja who's trained to NOT get hit but slip in for opportunity shots. Would be a nice one to watch.

Much as I hate to say it because I'm a big Link fan, Shinobi would take this fight, I think. Link is a hack and slash kinda fighter - good with his sword, but used to hacking his way through hordes of enemies. Shinobi on the other hand is a move-so-quickly-you-cut-the-other-guy-in-half-before-he-realizes kinda fighter. Poor Link wouldn't see that coming. He might get lucky enough to deflect some blows with his shield, but then what? There's no way he'd be able to hit Shinobi with an arrow. He'd put up a good fight, but soon enough Shinobi would be behind him, sword unsheathed, without Link even knowing it.

you guys are too quick to say link is a dead man, the way i see it link is the likely victor here. the fight would go something like this link will see shinobi running by and right off the bat he'll notice that extremely long cape of his. he would then proceed to yank on this cape and tie it up to something sturdy. unknowingly shinobi continues to run until he is inevitably is yanked back on it and snaps his onw neck. thank you thank you i'll be here all the week?

let's not forget link carries alot of little things in his bag. :angry:

if it's not the cape that does him in then it would be those long pointy things he has on his arms. the man can't physically move well enough to fight with those things. he would more than likely cut himself. what are you going to tell me next he can take those off too. okay yes he can take those off too but don't you see in the middle of his little strip tease someone is going to kill him.

as far as link goes i've never clocked him, nor have i ever really wanted to know where he keeps all of his weapons. so i can't say he is slow; like you, i wonder what makes link the better fighter but unlike you i know that it's not that link is that much a better fighter it's that shinobi is a little too careless. the spikes, the cape, sure they look cool but come on they're not practical it's not a good idea. where you see cool i see them trying too hard.

Battle experience wise Link has the upper hand, but then im never really sure what generation of Link it is in the game (outside of the SNES one).

How true to the game does this one stay? Cause in many shinobi games, Musashi either dies in one hit or has small meter compared to Link's heart containers. Id venture to say the magics cancel out, but then...they both have pets, but yeah Musashi is faster.

Again, i think it comes down to sword style & experience....Link's the traditional sword & shield, Musashi's with the katana. One handed vs two have many differfent styles within them, tho both guys seem to be big on hack & slash. Ill have to rent Shiniobi for PS2 before i could make the call.

after a bit of thought ot comes down to link with vials of life refilling stuff, good bowmanship and a whackass boomerang. Sure he is slow and will probably just move enough to have musashi run into a bomb, get stunned and struck by an arrow. Link's defense is about on par with musashi offense. While slower, he is by no means a dead log. After a long battle, link would eventually force musashi to err and win. (hopefully with an awesome boomerang arc to the back of the head :approve: )