Hondo's Bar

RIP Scott Weiland of Stone Temple Pilots

The NZA

original tweet from Dave Navarro seems to be gone, but here it is:

@DaveNavarro

Just learned our friend Scott Weiland has died. So gutted, I am thinking of his family tonight.

billboard & others are reporting he was found dead on a tour bus...apparently his wife just confirmed it

RIP to another legend of that era...let's post our favorite tracks i guess, ugh

Awww, man - fuckin' a. I've seen STP a couple of times. I first saw 'em in the 90s - so awesome. Their performances were really impressive. Always felt lucky to have seen them live - Scott was really talented, great frontman - but everyone knows he had demons. Sucks.

RIP, pal - you now enter the ages. Thanks for all the great music.

Cause of death still hasn't been confirmed, but it's safe to say everyone's assuming OD. I hate when things like this happen and people online make really shitty comments about someone deserving it, or not feeling badly about it because they were an addict. I hope the people being so cold never struggle with addiction or have to watch a loved one battle with it. It's such a difficult, horribly sad thing...RIP Scott Weiland!

• Upvote 1

I hate when things like this happen and people online make really shitty comments about someone deserving it, or not feeling badly about it because they were an addict. I hope the people being so cold never struggle with addiction or have to watch a loved one battle with it.

yeah, 2012 was a dark time for hondo's - mortiis & co had that whitney thread looking like Something Awful lite...anyway, agreed

STP was a big part of my highschool years. I saw them twice live. The tour they did with 12 Gracious Melodies (or whatever the fuck that "titleless" album with the kid riding a dragon on the cover was officially called) was my favorite. They did an acoustic set that was phenomenal--very similat set list to that of the MTV unpluged. Some of my favorite songs have already been posted--"Big Empty," "Interstate Love Song," etc. but the acoustic version of "Plush" is probably my top track of theirs. Learning to play that version on the guitar back in the day meant an instant 15 seconds of fame at any party.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin