Hondo's Bar

Keth

Oh man, I hope they have the sense to stay as far away from the Boris Karloff design as possible. I assume since they hired Javier Bardem they intend to make him the imposing sexy Frankenstein of the novel rather than the clunky one of the original film.

Don't they have the 'flat top and bolted neck-thing...look' trademarked or copyrighted? Would be very interested to know if they're gonna utilize their 'Frankenstein TM look' - maybe combined with a re-imagined version, that's closer to the novel.

Would be crazy if they went w/ the Gene Simmons boots n' dusty blazer...or even green - BUT, I think they're gonna utilize their 'classic design' in sum way. A shade of green, subtle bolts...or a straight-up flatop.

EDIT: Of course, he's going to grow larger the angrier he gets - as he is pummeled by machine guns and helicopter missiles.

Edited by Little Nemo McFly

They do have that look copyrighted but they have to realize that, like the classic Bela Lugosi Dracula look with the slicked back hair the cape and the medal, that the look is seen as comedic at this point. I imagine he'll be pale, have yellows eyes, and some stitches.

Didn't Guillermo Del Toro mention that he would drop EVERYTHING that he is doing to direct Frankenstein? That shit ain't gonna happen is it?

I'm down for the ride on this, but I feel like this is gonna stumble somewhere.