Hondo's Bar

Black Widow

The NZA

• 3 months later...

Marvel Studios Reportedly Meeting With Female Directors for Black Widow Now

Marvel Studios has been looking for a director to break its glass ceiling with Black Widow and has been meeting with filmmakers such as Deniz Gamze Erguven (the Turkish movie Mustang), Chloe Zhao(The Rider) and Amma Asante (A United Kingdom),among several others. That search is still ongoing, according to sources. 

Following up to that report and a tweet from THR’s Borys Kit was Variety’s Justin Kroll that two other names are also in consideration: Maggie Betts (Novitiate) and Angela Robinson (Professor Marston and the Wonder Women), with what sounds like more to possible come.

Black-Widow-Cover-1.jpg

• Really Like 1

• 2 months later...

Cate Shortland will direct Marvel Studios' Black Widow

[IMG]

Source: Hollywood Reporter

UPDATE: ManaByte pointed out that THR's initial rumor said that this film is set in the mid-2000's (after the fall of the Soviet Union), before the events of Iron Man 2.

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, The NZA said:

harbour getting the name of the dude in stranger things season 3... :misty:

also just saw the villain & got way more interested 

EABaKQ_W4AAMq9A?format=jpg

Taskmaster! And he looks terrible! Still, glad to see a cool villain in this. Also hoping they pull some post credits, timehopping shenanigans to right some wrongs.

So Harbour is gonna be playing Task Master? Damn. I was kinda hoping his character would be called "The American" and the film would start with him being rescued by Natasha from an underground Russian cell, which he'd emerge from with a long beard and a  wearing a Magnum, p.i.-esque shirt all faded and in tatters. 😕

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Axels said:

I'm predicting alt timeline Widow and that it isnt revealed until an end credits scene. Someone snatches her and bringa her back to the present timeline.

I think Newt is right, but if it makes enough money then this could happen. But I'm doubting it. I think they're already gonna play the alt-timeline card heavy in GotG vol3 with Gammora. 

• 3 months later...