Hondo's Bar

Conan the Barbarian

The NZA

Marvel Comics announces new 'Conan The Barbarian' series by Aaron/Asrar/Ribic.

[IMG]

I'm sure Aaron will do a bang-up job.  Outside of Original Sin I love everything he's ever done.  I just hope all the old Marvel Conan stories are canon again (except, presumably, the Red Sonja ones.  Never was sure how Marvel let that IP slip out of theit grasp.)

Of course now I want a team book of random characters associated with various other companies/public domain that Marvel has: Death's Head, Circuit Breaker, Conan, Ikon, The Prince of Orphans, Mantis, Bug, Dazzler, Superpro, Miracle Man/Marvel Man, and Angela.

Edited by Iambaytor
  • Upvote 1

Death's Head is fully owned by Marvel but only because Simon Furman had the foresight to write a single-page introductory comic so that Marvel could retain publishing rights ahead of his first appearance in the Transformers books.  Dazzler was a partnership with Casablanca records, the deal was for Marvel to create a singer superhero and Casablanca would create a musical act and would create a movie with Filmworks productions based on the property to basically create a cross-platform IP (Dazzler was originally meant to look like Grace Jones, which would've been rad) but the deal fell through on Casablanca's end and Marvel ended up with this weirdo Olivia Newton-John lady in a jumpsuit and rollerskates whose super power was razzle dazzle.  So they made her into a bisexual mutant rockstar and she was rad for the rest of her days.

• Thanks 1

Rom, Spaceknight was one of my favorites as a kid. My introduction to the New Mutants was as guest stars in an issue of his comic. I read that thing about 100 times. The way the Limbo from his world connected with sword-wielding Illyana (an X-man) being queen of Limbo at the time blew my mind.

I would indeed love to see more Rom in Marvel. Or just more Rom as it's own thing. 

• Upvote 1