Hondo's Bar

Final destination 2

Well, it'd be dumb if all I reviewed was the fancy oscar-winning shit that none of you folks are gonna watch. Got sort of dragged to this one, I wanted to see daredevil, but eh, at leats it wasn't Biker boys.

Not bad, fun enough to entertain me for the hour and a half. If ya dont know already, the idea is that this chick has a premonition about a car accident, saves a bunch of people, and now death is after them because they're part of his plan. Now, the most important part is obviously the death scenes. These are pretty damned cool. The crash premonition in the beginning is nuts, and there's a couple of exceptionally cool deaths in there. Most of these scenes are like rube-goldberg puzzles, like those cartoons where a guy would use this whole big machine where a ball would fall on a fan, that would push a sailboat that would light a stove and eventually cook an egg. I don't think those parts work too well in this one, they're a bit too convoluted, and, this movie overuses the formula of almost killing someone, then killing them right after you think they're saved. To the point where you know that nobody is gonna die the first time something is about to kill them, and you know for a fact that they'll die a good 4 or 5 seconds after they walk away from the accident. There are some good deaths, but a horror flick shouldn't have some good deaths! Espcially if that's all thats good about the movie.

And that is all that's good about the movie. It's not very funny, the characters are just typical horror-movie teenagers. They try to introduce some very random new concepts, like, if the people that were supposed to die, but didnt, save a life, then death tries to kill that, and there's a very confusing, illogical way they try to beat death that just makes you leave the theater scratching your head.

Anyways, this one was ok. Not as good as the first at all. I think this one tried too hard to outdo the first, and as a result the death scenes were too convoluted and there was too much theory and broken logic tossed into the plot. The first one was more straightforward and clear. So, it wasn't complete shit or anything, but there's no real reason to see it either.

The previews had me baited to see this one. I like the first one was hoping to catch the second one Unfortunately it seems like it went too far and sunk itself but its nice to hear the death scenes are still cool. I'll probably still see it just for the deaths since they were creative in the last one and all I'm expecting is to watch people die with minimal explanation as to why.

:D

I thought the first one was trash so I'm not in much of a rush to see this one. Much less so since I got the schedule for my local indie cinema and have a list of films to see...City of God (back by popular demand), Far from Heaven, Metropolis (revamped), Adaption, The Last Great Wilderness, etc....Wahoo!

Anyway, back to FD2....

:hisses at MLB:: Bah! we still haven't gotten city of god, metropolis came out for like 2 days at a university movie theater and I found out AFTERwards, and I haven't even heard of the other one.... eh well, make sure to post about FFH and adaptation, especially adaptation, easily one of the best this year.