Hondo's Bar

Escaflowne

Mulan

I'm going to start this anime section with a classic, escaflowne.  I can still remember the day that Nick and I stayed up all night watching the series.  Till the very end, this is still one of my favorite animes, next to Evagelion.  What do you all think?

yep, tim will allways remember me by this one.  this is how i met him.  i asked if i could watch escaflowne, he said yes and gave me a tape.  i innocently thought he meant i could watch the whole thing, which i did in one sitting.  Lo and behold the look on his face when he came home later that night  :D   Anyways Im trying to get Kat to watch it now, she has a major back log of anime she has a copy of and no time to watch,  Fushigi Yugi, Escaflowne and Innuyasha are all in queue

Has anyone seen Blue Seed.  My big Sis told me that it was really good.  She said that it had the perfect ending.  So I guess that's the next anime on my list, next to the ever growing Ranma 1/2 series.  damn it...I really got to start on season 1 soon.  TIM...Can you lend me the episodes...pretty please with cherries on top?

• 1 month later...

I think everyone should watch Escaflowne and Evangelion, they are both very cool series. Inu Yasha kicks ass as well just wish i could find it a little faster (damn japanese people.....)

Anyway, i suggest you hold off on the Ranma OAVs, they come after the series so you should watch a few of the seasons before you watch them. If you can't get it from timmy let me know and i can let you borrow it little by little or copy it for you. :D

• 1 month later...

Hey Mulan!! I have an idea! Why don't you take the series with us during our retreat so that we may watch it while we are at the keys?? Ofcourse you don't have to watch i, but I know I will!! :D

And  agree with Lizi-chan. Inu Yasha rocks. I heard by the way that the third dvd set should be comping out soon. So keep yours eyes on Ebay!

3X3 eyes is a really good one. I'm glad you've seen it! :D

An OAV/OVA is like a sequel. Or sometimes it can be a prequel. Depending what anime you watch. I believe it stands for Original Animated Video. (Something like that)

For example, Fushigi Yuugi's OAV is a seqel and it picks up right where it left off. Then there's Ranma 1/2's Ova that is just a whle bunch of episodes that come about in any order. I can't think of any that are prequels, but when I do I'll get back to you on that.

I'm with Alita's idea to take Escaflowne to the retreat! It's a good way to clear out a room because from what I hear, most of the girls think we watch to much anime.  :D  I think not!

By the way, if you still need to see Blue Seed, I have that but on DVD. So just let me know.

:wasabi: so yeah I'm here to correct alita's comment on what an ova/oav is... you Know that I have to just becuz I know what it is (even if it was an old post) .....an ova/oav is :D Short for Original Animated Video (OAV), or sometimes Original Video Animation (OVA), refers to an animated feature that was produced specifically for the home video market, bypassing broadcast, cable and theatrical releases (got it off the internet).... Also, most of the stories in ova/oav's are like a what could have happened, what should have happened, or like "what happened to that guy?".... :D So here ends the lesson arigato!:D

• 9 months later...

Finally got around to seeing Escaflowne: The Movie...id heard Mulan & some others complain about this one...why?

Sure, its short but fit a lot in for a movie, visuals were gorgeous & the soundtrack was of course superb...i really enjoyed it m'self.

I guess if youre lookin for a carbon copy of the series itself, you might be thrown off a bit but it had much in common, was really well done...am I mistaken, was there another OAV others are talking about? Cant see why people didnt seem to enjoy this one...

• 4 years later...