Hondo's Bar

All systems: Wolverine's Revenge

BigChiefSlapaho

icon13.gif

Hadnt seen that much on it before...and yeah, remember that activision (are they the ones doin this one?) usually makes shit games of the X license...I enjoyed Wolverine: Adamantium Rage i think it was for the SNES but it wasnt that good, and many recent PS2 X games have blown...just waitin on a review before i get hyped. Character design is tight tho, man i hope this thing doesnt suck. :D

My boy deserves a comic game on par with Spider-Man for Playstation.

PS did you see the Iron Man game theyre workin on?

Haha!...wait up...it's gameboy... ???

Dont know if that helps.

Hey this Wolvy game looks sharp tho! Got his mutant abilities in there, even made it stealthy...this thing could be cool! I wish theyd get the guy who did his voice on the WB cartoon for voiceovers tho, that'd be ideal.

Sasquatch, Juggernaut...i wanna see more villians! Gimme the Hulk, Sabertooth and them! I bet Lady Deathstrike makes it in cause of the movie.

You know im more than halfway sold already. Gimme a cool plot, maybe another villian if you can squeeze em in (not that Juggy, Sasquatch & Sabre arent the goods, mind you) and i think id be sold. This bitch could get a 1/10 across the reviewing board and id still have to rent it.

Have you seen the latest movies on wolverines revenge? It looks so cool. All of the martial arts fighting and wolvies ability so sniff out foot prints other people's scents. How about him sneaking up on some insuspecting villan in a kitchen and slamming his face on the lit stove to kill him? Aside from the villans you mentioned already, omega red and shiva will be in the game as well. I heard mark hamil's voice in the most recent video and it doesn't even sound like him. It sounds more like the wolverine from the xmen cartoon. you can tell that this game is gonna rock.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's some major news I thought you all might like to know. I bought Wolverine's Revenge today at Best Buy and it turns out that they are running a special promotion for the the game. Here's the promo: Buy Wolverine's Revenge and get a $10 gift card from Best Buy and a free pass to see X2. The promotion ends on 4/19.

I don't care what gamespot thinks, the game kicks @$$. I love it, especially the fight with wendigo. You can even play with the yellow and blue costume. Too bad hulk couldn't make an appearance, but then he's busy working on his own game. Gotta love the stealth strikes though. Nothing's more fun than sneaking up on someone and beating them senseless before they can even realize what's going on. I personally like the one where he is crouched behind the enemy and stabs him in the ankle to trip him up and then pounces him to turn him into a human pin cushion. The game deserves a solid 8 out of 10 as far as 3rd person games go. The orange/tan costume rules.

Eh... I'm not giving this one two thumbs up.

Played it today, rented it w/ a friend for XBox. Controls are a little tougher than they should. I can't stand the "Mario 64" camera angles when they occasionally kick in. Fighting is a little repetative, could've used some more variability. Performing some of the game tasks is somewhat hindered by the lack of hints at times... you'll get to a few spots and sit around wondering what the fuck to do, yet the game isn't as involving to be a puzzle game.

**spoiler**

The fight w/ Sabretooth at the beginning was cool, but... what was that? I clawed that guy for hours until I figured out that I had to toss him against that object a few times... how crappy. And why does he become invulnerable every so often?!?

**spoiler over**

The attitude is just right, the art is fantastic, the models look great. The voices are on point (though the dialog sucks cock). The fluidity of the moves is cool. The AI is absolutely fucking retarded.

The game gets a C+ for now until I see something really cool.

'S about what i expected i guess, i can deal with the Mario 64 controls but its a shame to hear repititive combat, odd boss fights etc.

Chief, you said voices were good but dialogue wasnt...how bout the plot? Im told it was written as a Wovly comic...you know how the Spidey game for PSX & Dreamcast had a very comic-esque plot? I thought it was cool...is this like that, or does it feel like plot was a last minute job?

'S about what i expected i guess, i can deal with the Mario 64 controls but its a shame to hear repititive combat, odd boss fights etc. 

Chief, you said voices were good but dialogue wasnt...how bout the plot? Im told it was written as a Wovly comic...you know how the Spidey game for PSX & Dreamcast had a very comic-esque plot? I thought it was cool...is this like that, or does it feel like plot was a last minute job?

They're trying to milk the kids for the movie relation, but in fact this has little to do w/ the movie at all. I mean, Beast is there, in all his hairy glory, with the original voice from the Saturday series... yet Patrick Stewart does the voice of Prof. X.

In my opinion, they took the whole "Find Wolvie's origin" plot line and successfully threw in as many cameos as they could... Lady Deathstrike, Sabertooth, Juggernaut, Wendigo... to make it interesting. I think the story plays out great and is the only thing saving this game from a D.