Hondo's Bar

Tim Burton and the Chocolate Factory

Tim Burton to remake Charlie And The Chocolate Factory

Looks like it's not confirmed, but the Dahl family has final say on the director and they say he is currently their first choice and he's raring to go. I didn't know this, but evidently he's currently working on a stop motion clay feature follow-up to The Nightmare Before Christmas called The Corpse Bride.

I'd never heard about the corpse bride either, imdb doesnt even list it. I know he's wrapping up a movie named "Big Fish" with Ewan Mcgregor, Steve Buscemi and Helena Bonham carter. It'd be nice to see if he can get back to his former glory with this one, Spielberg came close to directing it, so it's probably a fine script. As for the chocolate factory, I guess Tim Burton is just a mean lean remakin' machine... I'd like to see exactly how different he wants to make it.

THe first film was so great I don't really see the point of remaking it. Especially when there are plenty of other Roald Dahl books that might benefit from the movie adaption. Perhaps George's Marvellous Medicine, The Twits, or a Disney adaption of THe Fantastic Mr. Fox. Now THAT would kick some ass.

I'd like to see exactly how different he wants to make it.

I'd imagine a new movie version would be very different since the Dahl family seems to have a lot more to do with it, and Dahl wasn't a big fan of how the first movie turned out.

Haven't heard about that Nightmare Before Christmas follow-up. God I hope that happens.