Hondo's Bar

Ice Age!!

I just finished seeing this one with my sis, and it was pretty cool.  The muskrat thing was definately the highlight (which furthers my point that animals that dont talk are FUNNIER), utterly hilarious.  Other favortie part for me was the Dodo army "protecting their way of life." hehe.  Oh, and a correction, I noticed Ice age is by 20th century fox, not disney's pixar.... that kinda messes up some of our conversations... ???  Still good stuff tho.  Oh, and this does belong here in anime, I forget when but we specified a while back that this does include american animation too.

The squirrel kicks ass!! It has problems with it's nut...  :p

Overall the storyline was cute. Some people are saying that the storyline was too general and didn't make much sense.  :plain:  Baca. It was really cute! I am buying it for sure!

:plain:

To make a movie, you need a storyline... no matter what kind of movie it is. Besides that, just because it's animated doesn't mean that it's for 10 year olds. I know adults that watch cartoons and play Video games and they are respectable. They work full-time, have kids, and still have time to watch what you call "10 year olds'" cartoons. For your information, the target audience ranges for animations have lately been for teens and adults as well as kids (usually 17 and up; like anime). If you want something more "mature" go watch Hentai!!

Ack, seems I struck a nerve.  You got me all wrong, and you put a hundred million words in my mouth, I never ever said that everything animated is for 10 year olds.  I said that THIS movie is for kids, not that everything animated is for kids.  I am one of the adults that watches anime and plays video games.  But I will tell you that this particular movie was a cartoon and it was pretty much made for kids.  In this one, the storyline was indeed nonexistant, I could tell you everything that was gonna happen from the minute each character opened his mouth.  The characters were cookie cutter types you've seen in a billion other movies before (the tough loner who's really a softie inside, the comic releif, the ***SPOILER (if ya didn't see it coming for some odd reason....*** bad guy who sees the err of his ways).  They just threw in some generic plot so that they could spend their time getting some good jokes in.  This movie was pretty fun and worth watching but in no way does it rank up there with the classic stuff.  Shrek had jokes intended for adults ("eat me!") and poked fun at fairy tales, and noone I know is dumb enough to call anime immature.  I didn't mention if the story line was good or not because the storyline was certainly not the point of the movie, the laughs and visuals were, and I thought that they worked well enough.  I didn't judge this one with the standards I use for other movies, because it would be unfair.  Other animated movies are made with adults in mind as well as kids, this one wasn't, IMO.

I thought the Dodo army was hilarious as well!!

:D  i couldn't stop laughing cause they are so stupid.... (ofcourse their dodo birds)

Please P-chan don't get so offended by what people write in these forums. Sometimes you got to read twice what they are talking about. In this case, I'm siding with Junkerseed. :wary:

:dissappointed: I didn't get offended. I was just arguing my point. It's  :D though cause it was a misunderstanding on my behalf.   :plain:  Alita, you know me... I'm just like Jose; I make a big deal out of nothing.  :p

Sorry, Junkerseed but even though it is true that it's the same pattern of storyline, it's still cute. Now a days there is not much creative thinking when it comes to some movies though. It seems like people (at least here in the US) are running out of ideas. It's sad...

Nah, I understand, when you're a fan of anything out of the ordinary, you tend to get defensive when it seems that someone is criticizing it unfairly.(I've been know to belt out "COMICS ARE STUPID!?? Frank Miller writes better than john "I write for hollywood" grisham any day!!!!!")  I know a million people that think Anime and RPGs are immature, yet they go out and watch whatever movie the TV is telling them to.  Lets see, Ghost in the Shell is about man & machine and evolution and "Bones" is about snoop dog killing people.... gee, I wonder which is more mature....  So I understand about having to defend something you feel strongly about when a million people are usually badmouthing it.  Probably shoulda been more clear on my definition of "cartoon."  And I'm not saying I wished the storyline was more "adult."  damn... I mean, imagine if the whole thing would have been about the mammoth's past and the genocide as humans took over the world...  My sister would have been crying her eyes out, and the movie would pretty much cease to be funny...  While I still strongly think they need to make one without speech (a 45 minute movie about the muskrat!!!! Dammit why not?) as long as they make traditional animated movies, uncomplicated storylines like this are just fine with me.  Sure, it could have been better, but if you want every movie to be the Godfather (of in this case, want every CG movie to be Shrek), you might as well not watch anything.  Glad to clear stuff up and still say it was fun, which was the whole point of watching if I remember right....

"Come on kids... get out of there, you can play 'extincion' later"

one thing is for sure...Frank Miller rocks.  Man I'm dying to finish reading DKSB.  Atleast the people making the new batman year one movie were smart enough to bring miller on the team.  We don't really need another tank girl do we? :ill:

:D  I also was with P-Chan Mulan and Alita.. (even though Alita left me out its all good) I had a blast I thought that the movie was hilarious. And that Skat ****aka the Squirrel was hilarious. I loved the Sherades. and the coconut was too funny. And I love the fact that John Leguizamo was Sid I mean he is hilarious. He went through 30 voices before he choose the one he used. (he also has a great stand up comedy show called Freak and has a new one coming out called Sexaholic...GOO HBO!!!)  I have to agree with what Junkerseed says though I mean think about it Snoopy never talked...and he was funny what about Tom and Jerry when they did talk they had sofisticated voices and what about the Pink Panther??? and before Mickey could speak. Cartoons are now made not to make you laugh but just to entertain you. I like the old fashioned cartoons where you laughed cause one of them tripped and hit a rake or something....(sings like Edith) those were the daaaaaaaaaaayyyyyssss!!!

:werd:

Ok, now that we are talking about John Leguizamo (I think that is how you spell his last name) I have a question...

What was his character supposed to be? I don't remember seeing that kind of species in the ice age, and I know there must be many others that we don't know of, but seriously... what is he??

*Note*- I'm glad P-chan and Junkerseed talked it through!! :D

Well... Er, back to ice. It was too, too funny. I mean thatm prehistoric squirrel was to die for. I only wish they had done more with it. I'm guessing here, but i think they had planned to do more with it. I especially love Diago's rendition of where's the baby.  THERE HE IS! Just great.