Hondo's Bar

The Simpsons Quotes Game

OK, much like the highly popular Movie Quotes Game and the highly ignored Lyrics Game, I proudly present, The Simpsos Quotes Game!

In this game, someone has to post a Simpsons quote, and someone else has to say which Simpsons character said it. If we go 48 hours without an answer, it's up in the air for anyone to post a new one. If it was a one-episode character voiced by a celebrity (which there have been alot of on the show's fourteen year run), but you can't remember the character's name, the celebrity's name will do fine. For example:

I learned that I can get boys to do what ever I want.

That was the Reverend Lovejoy's daughter, who only appeared in one episode (to the best of my knowledge). If you can't remember her name, you could say "Meryl Steep", who voiced her. You could also say "Reverend Lovejoy's daughter" as long as it's completely specific. Reverend Lovejoy has only one daughter, so that's specific enough. But "Homer's co-worker" or "Bart's Friend" is not enough (unless that co-worker or friend is unnamed, but we shouldn't be quoting unnamed characters, except Comic Book Guy). You will not be expected to distinguish between Sherri and Terri or Rodd and Todd, but I'd like it if you would between Lenny and Karl and Eddie and Lou. That's alot of rules, so here goes:

Me fail English? That's unpossible!

That was Homer in the John Waters episode.

This whole raid was as useless as that yellow, lemon shaped rock over there. Wait a minute... there's a lemon behind that rock!

I suppose in order to be funny it has be in the context of the episode, but it is probably my favourite episode.

• 2 months later...
2track    Posted on Aug 3 2003, 06:28 AM

Dr. Nick.

Stroke me clover. 

This old quote came from a leprcaun who has sex with a fortuneteller in a halloween episode.

Anyway the recent quote is from the comic book guy.

"Did I say steamed clams? I meant steamed hams."

Archived