Hondo's Bar

Tokyo Game Show '03

The NZA

index-030924.jpg

-Suikoden IV (a prequel) confirmed for U.S. release in 2004 - woo hoo!!

-2 new trailers for Metal Gear Solid 3 & Twin Snakes re-make - Twin Snakes was delayed till '04, but have faith.

-New Kingdom Hearts game coming for Gameboy Advance

-Namco's doing a big-ass Spawn game based right out of the first 99 issues of the book

-And finally, the FF VII DVD one-hour movie (you heard right), Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children has had some bootleg movies going around before Square caught em (check Kazaa), but these 3 impressive CG shots made it on through:

ff7-21.jpg

Marilyn Manson Sephiroth!

ff7-22.jpg

ff7-23.jpg

Here's the movie poster promo

-New Tenchu game

-Click here for the massive promo of Final Fantasy XII - its gorgeous. And yeah, its part 12; 11 is out in a while, its the online one.

-And, for Junker - Nightmare before Christmas

150,000 attendees, more than half the titles on display belonging to PS2, lotsa stuff on portable gaming, lotsa retro games...

Final Fantasy VII movie - Holy fuggin' shit!

Hey, uh, doesn't the preview for MGS 3 seem kinda...I dunno...cheesy? What's with the James Bond song? (favorite lyrics - "Some days you go through the rain. And some days you feed on a tree frog.") And the part at the end, with the alligator mask? I dunno. I'm hopin' that's an outtake.

Twin Snakes is lookin' really good. I like the new direction they've given the cutscenes. Verrry nice stuff. Hafta wait 'til '04? Dammit!

And why why why why why is the next Kingdom Hearts game for the GameBoy?! Gaaah!

More on FF VII Advent Children movie...

FF7: Advent Children staff, trailer info

» The next best thing to watching it.

News | Tuesday, October 7, 2003 | Solomon Lee [staff Writer]

One of the highlights of Tokyo Game Show was a short video clip of Square Enix's upcoming DVD movie Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. A brief synopsis of one clip follows:

The scene begins with Cloud riding a speed bike headed towards a city that resembles Midgar. He is alone as he enters a church left in ruins.

Following this event is a heated battle between Cloud and a character with short grey hair. There is clashing of swords as they fight furiously in a short scene. Meanwhile, a mysterious character dressed in white linen is seen sitting in a wheelchair. Near the end of the video, Sephiroth appears and stands by a legion of flames, carrying a very long sword.

Square Enix has also revealed several key staff on Advent Children's team. The list is as follows:

Producer: Yoshinori Kitase

Director: Tetsuya Nomura

Co-Director: Takeshi Nozue

Composer: Nobuo Uematsu

Scenario Writer: Kazushige Nojima

Art Director: Yusuke Naora

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children is slated for a release in summer of 2004.

• 3 weeks later...

Howdy Sephiroth...you can check kazaa (its all over), or sign up & get the trailer here, i dont think theyre a pay site.

Screenshots came from here, but check Silent Bob's screenshots thread, he added more of em. I should make a thread just on this thing, eh? And as for the story..so far, ive only seen Cloud & Sephiroth; and i think theyre sayin its based on but not lookin to the exact same story, ya know?

• 5 years later...

Archived