Hondo's Bar

Freddy vs. Jason

I've been hearing this rumor since the days of New Hampshire... Now it seems to be coming true... Freddy Kruger (Nightmare on Elm St.) vs. Jason Voorhees (Friday the 13th) is actually going to be a movie. Supposedly going to come out Friday the 13th of June 2003. The date doesn't matter. What matters is that this will be a really cool movie, if done right. Here's the scoop:

Shaye Talks Freddy Vs. Jason

New Line co-chairman Bob Shaye told SCI FI Wire that he has green-lighted a script for the long-proposed Freddy vs. Jason movie, based on characters from the Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th franchises. "The basic idea is how does Freddy come back after his banishment and how does he use Jason and eventually have to vanquish him, and then how do the children of Elm Street have to get rid of everybody?" Shaye said in an interview.

Shaye said the proposed movie makes one important reference to a tradition of both Elm Street and Friday the 13th. "It acknowledges [them] to the extent that at the end of every one of the Freddy films and at the end of every one of the Jason films, the bad guys get sent back," Shaye said. "Now, I think one of the two characters is going to try to enlist the other in concert to come back again and maybe not have to leave. That's basically what the storyline is." The new script does not specifically address events in the latest Nightmare movie, Wes Craven's New Nightmare, in which Shaye and other New Line Cinema stars appeared as themselves.

Shaye said the new film also has a sense of humor. "It's funny in a sort of macabre, cynical way, which is what all of the Freddy scripts have been," he said. "It doesn't abuse the fan base or condescend [or say], 'We can make jokes, because this is really all bullsh-t.' It's scary, it's wry, and in fact even today one of the writers was alluding to the Renny Harlin Elm Street [Part 4], where in the waterbed scene, he said, 'How do you like this wet dream?' That's funny, but it's nasty."

:D

• 1 year later...

THeir website on the poll said something like 39% said it was Freddy and 42% for Jason, the rest leaving it to say it was too close to tell.

I, personally want Freddy to win, but I'm almost positive that they'll do something horrible and make it so that they both die by the hand of humans or both kill each other simultaneously or something. I don't see them making one the victor, although I hope that they do.

Ha, like all the Flash Vs Superman comics. Every few years, in either the Superman or the Flash comics, they've have the two of them had a footrace, for soem reason. The cover always had them inches away from the finish line, neck and neck, with with words "Who is the fastest? Find out, once and for all!" along the bottom. In the actual story, they never made it near the finish line, there was always some global catastrophe that required that they team up. Byt he end, they decided that it wasn't important to redo the race. This will be the plot of Freddy Vs Jason, only evil.

Depends on what script they're going with. The original story idea for this movie had Jason as more of a tragic "Phantom of the Opera"-type villain who tries to redeem himself instead of the mindless killer everyone loves. From what I've seen so far of this movie, though, it seems like they wisely got rid of that horrible idea. But then again, horrible ideas are what most horror movies are based on, so you never know.

If they could actually get this piece of crap off the ground, why oh why can't they get "Batman vs. Superman" started?

Edited by Silent Bob

If they could actually get this piece of crap off the ground, why oh why can't they get "Batman vs. Superman" started?

Because this is little more than a joke. If this movie ends up sucking, who's gonna care? Are the Jason fans and Freddy Kruger fans conditioned for good story or acting or production. This idea is stupid. Batman Vs Superman on the other fan, that will be an event. There are incredible expectations for a movie facing the two most famous comic book heroes against each other. Taking on a project like Bats Vs Supes requires the kind of guts Peter Jackson had with Lord Of The Rings. Taking on a project like Jason Vs Freddy requires losing a wager involving alot of alcohol.

I have to say I think this is one of those movies that if I went to go see it I would rather be in a theater where everyone has to voice their own input about the movie. I think that's the only way I would actually get my money's worth in a movie like this.

Yes, because we all know that you can pick up kryptonite at just about any corner drug store. You actually think a fight between these two idiots would be more interesting?

photo7.jpg

I mean, c'mon, they get beaten by a bunch of dumb teenagers everytime. They're no tougher than a Scooby Doo villain, just a little more creative.

Edited by Silent Bob

I wouldn't even say they are more creative than Scooby-Doo villians, most of the Scooby-Doo villians were way more creative than Jason or Freddy.

And I am tried of people raging on Batman for beign rich and not having any superpowers. Jeesh, don't people see how that's exactly what makes him so cool? He's not just rich, he's freaking smart and strong and stealthy and intimitating. And besides, if Kryptonite was all it takes to kill Superman, why doesn't he die everytime Kryptonite appear in a Superman story? If fact, the only times he's actually died, it didn't involve Kryptonite at all.

Actually, if you wanna be technical (and completely off the original crappy topic) Batman has a kryptonite ring in a hidden chamber in the Batcave, so he wouldn't even have to go buy it. But then again, Superman also has a suit of armor in the Fortress of Solitude that defends against kryptonite radiation, so it's a mute point. Either way, it shows that a fight between them would be a helluva lot more interesting than Freddy vs. Jason.

Hells yes, Chiefy. It's a shame they never got that one out of pre-production.

And US, if Batman had no money he'd still be an extremely intelligent, resourceful, tough martial arts master motherfucker. So maybe he wouldn't have the car. Big deal. Batman could still kick ass even if he was driving a Honda Civic.

But you called Batman "just a rich ass guy who chose to become a superhero." That means any guy with money could be superman, meaning money can buy intelligence, physical strength, resourcefulness, problem solving, physical intimidation and years of training.

What people don't seem to get is that vunerability makes characters more interesting. Batmna is interesting cause he doesn't have any superpowers.