Hondo's Bar

Naruto

spiffytee

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you're workin the right place to catch up quickly. it would be bad if he went straight to shuppiden.

i recommend getting the mangas just so you can speed through and get to the chunin (spelling?) tests and possibly further. the only bad part is he'll be missing out on all that cool music.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks man. yeah, i'll save you the grief... although it wasn't as lame as their typical filler jump straight to 152. so yeah so far 10 episodes of nonfiller. that last filler arc was about

this guy with a pipe, blowing bubbles.

thanks man. yeah, i'll save you the grief... although it wasn't as lame as their typical filler jump straight to 152. so yeah so far 10 episodes of nonfiller. that last filler arc was about

this guy with a pipe, blowing bubbles.

*laughs* I wish they could just take a short break from making episodes every once in a while so they didn't have to make filler to avoid overtaking the manga.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

onto Shippuden!

ok, so sauske's a whiny bitch but they made me give a shit about his plight at the end there.

i got a bit choked up when i thought Chouji (fat one) bit it, that was touching for me. also, kertins showed me the flashback episode with Kakashi as a kid/how he got that eye...damn.

just watched current series, eps 1-2...it looks like its gonna take forever to catch up. i blazed through volume 1 but there was like 100+ filler eps, not nearly as many this time.

yeah, i did - sen insisted. thing is, i'm using this site for fillers, and it totally left off the few ones at the end of volume 1, so it might not be accurate? also, spiffytee said Shippuden (just finished the 1 hour intro!) sneaks in filler via mad flashbacks, or something like that.

Yeah, Shippuden has filler, too (but not nearly as bad as what was at the end of the first series. There was at least 75 straight fucking episodes of filler that stretched to the end. Sen's a sadist for making you watch those). The thing abou the Shippuden filler episodes is that they actually manage to put real storyline in most of them.

ah, no, i mean to say she insisted i skip them all. she swears they were there because the animation team was just waiting for the manga to catch up, which presumably it did quite well, since she assures me said manga is like 30+ issues ahead of the anime.

• 2 weeks later...

:lush: shippuden ep 43 (@ climax of the bridge of heaven & earth arc):

- whoah naruto went super saiyan and lost his skin/soul, but shit was voluntary. interesting.

- goddammit sakura, you spent all of volume 1 being a useless twat; now you're worth 2 members, and you spent this arc unconscious/crying/being wounded. :anger:

- sai, go put a proper shirt on and stop being a boring robot with ulterior motives; i get the formula already and you're gonna end up being someone i like fucking 50 episodes from now (sup Gara), but we're not there yet

- scary-eyes kakashi-sub ain't bad at all, but he's not gonna be around next time naruto hulks out. i like the berserk-esque theme here.

- fuck naruto-wolf, stop summoning chakra and fucking eat ochimaru's head. when he grows another one, eat that shit too. i know dude's not going anywhere for a while (he's gotta be pivotal in the overlying arc dealing with these s-rank akatsuki bastards), but since he switched bodies and kinda punked the efforts of the 3rd, it'd be nice to at least see some fear of god in him.

- ero-senin is ripped as shit and rocks fucking chain mail under that goofy kabuki outfit like a boss.

taking out filler eps, i should be caught up in...103 episodes FUUUUUUUU

ps YOUUU ARE MY FRIENNNNNNNNNNND

• 2 weeks later...

aw, fuck this show

R.I.P. ero-senin, you were one of my favorites. :misty: went out like a champ man.

shit is moving at breakneck speed right now, mad revelations! onto ep 134, 60 or so to go.

I hear ya. Sen at least prepared you gently, right?

eh, the only slip up she's had (she's been awesome about rewatching the series with me and keeping a pokerface) was years back i heard her crying on the phone to fellow hondonian Kee - also a huge Naruto fan - and i tried to forget the character name she mentioned, but somehow it stuck. not her fault, she was in another room and thought id never get into it anyway...i knew shit was coming, and this looked like that time and all, but...you keep thinking "he's gonna make it!"

he will rise from the ocean one day. i believe

AW WTF

ok so the shit hits the fan, kakashi bites the dust ( :misty: - ask Los, I NEVER GAVE UP HOPE *manly tears*), body count's rising, naruto does the right thing and BOOM reset button hit!? kind've a cop-out/cheapens death like american comics do, i wanna make an exception cause pain came from the six paths badass sho nuff lineage but with granny pulling that stunt with gara it kinda makes me feel like the deus ex card is in play sometimes, albeit infrequently. still, Pain was otherwise a badass arc, and had a touching ending.

onto the next arc! ill be caught up before you know it, already at Shippuden 193 and i think 219 is this week? with all the countries in shambles/bjuuin (sp) less, i can't not see a 4th ninja war on the horizon. yay for having 2 of my favorite 3 alive again!

AW WTF

ok so the shit hits the fan, kakashi bites the dust ( :misty: - ask Los, I NEVER GAVE UP HOPE *manly tears*), body count's rising, naruto does the right thing and BOOM reset button hit!? kind've a cop-out/cheapens death like american comics do, i wanna make an exception cause pain came from the six paths badass sho nuff lineage but with granny pulling that stunt with gara it kinda makes me feel like the deus ex card is in play sometimes, albeit infrequently. still, Pain was otherwise a badass arc, and had a touching ending.

onto the next arc! ill be caught up before you know it, already at Shippuden 193 and i think 219 is this week? with all the countries in shambles/bjuuin (sp) less, i can't not see a 4th ninja war on the horizon. yay for having 2 of my favorite 3 alive again!

Oh? Aside from Kakashi and Ero Sennin, who's the other?

As for the reset, sure, it could be viewed as cheap, but we get Kakashi-sensei back so I don't care it also can serve as a contrast between Naruto and Sasuke's paths.

Archived