Hondo's Bar

The Ultimates

The NZA

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you not read the above? I wasn't taking the piss when I said the whole thing was robotic Ultimates built by Ultron, and the last page shows Doom watching it all, rubbing his armoured erection and taking credit despite not being involved with the story at all.

I reccomend this if you need something to get the bad taste of All Star Batman out of your eyes.

You know how anal I am about spoilers, but in this instance rather than just say it's bad and have people curious about it still, I just shot that curiousity in the head. This book was so bad it made me ragepuke and then post the ending on Hondos.

Man... *shakes head*

Imagine that hot girl you used to fuck all the time goes away to a cult for a while, and now instead of fucking she's into say, squirting hot period blood and faeces in your face. No intercourse, just hot fluids in your peepers. Pioneers like Panch & I warn you 'don't go near her, She ain't the same!' but still you wanna? Just, let me say I told you so when you're fucking blind man.

• 2 months later...

*sobs* its just...what was that all about? why bring so many players into the field, if its about nothing at all? did scarlet witch even die, or was all of that mario's dream of sub-con or wha? and who writes with so many fragments?! "i'm sheena. me. i kill things. i do. its what i do." "i know. i know things. its my job to know things. me. knowing. things." its like bendis' retarded stepchild at the helm. and what the fuck's with all the incest? i know millar danced around quicksilver & the witch, but did they say it was ka-zaar and sheena too? why was hawkeye all emo and suicidal now if he wasnt in volume 2? cant this all be a giant elseworlds thing, can we just pretend it didnt happen like spider-man's claws and new powers and aunt may being his momma and that time wolvy died cause leech took his powers with a satellite and that time frank was an angel? can we?! *cries*

Jeph has his foot in the door as long as Ultimatum takes to play out, he was originally contracted for another Ultimates story after this one with Ed McG(they're a pretty solid collaboration-see Superman), but given how badly this arc panned I'd be suprised if Ultimatum goes ahead-speaking of which- I'm pretty sure that horseshit event was meant to start last month but haven't seen anything on shelves.

• 8 months later...

Bet everyone wishes I was right about Ultimatum being cancelled, right?

Quick heads-up to let you all know it's safe to read Ultimates again. Last week Marvel released Ultimate Comics: Avengers #1 with Millar back at the helm with Carlos Pacheco. I'm still feeling burnt by Millar in the wake of FF, but I feel like the best he can do is write this kind of gritty superteam story. Not a lot to be said about #1 because I haven't read Ultimatum, which it discusses a bit, more inportantly it introduces Ultimate Red Skull, and it's a pretty interesting take to say the least. Check it out.

Wizard's still around? Fuck, if Wizard made it sound lame, I'd love to see that write-up since those guys tend to hype a dripping tap as the second coming of Christ. Did they spoiler it? Because you'll notice I didn't say it was good, just an interesting take. I want to trust Millar with this, so he gets the benefit of the doubt for the moment.

Internet does not convey sarcasm well so... They spoiled it.

I say interedting because 1) in typical Ultimate fashion it tips 616 continuity on it's head(this is the U that gave us WolviCable, mind), and 2) I genuinely expect it to be an initial shock statement to gain a psychological advantage, and will infact be disproved by issues 2 or 3. The fact that Ultimate Red Skull is running a game the 616 wouldn't have is what interests me. If it turns out to be true, then it's absolute fucking tripe.

Wizard's still around? Fuck, if Wizard made it sound lame, I'd love to see that write-up since those guys tend to hype a dripping tap as the second coming of Christ.

/agreed. honestly, you could read the premise of Winter Soldier arc on wiki and think it was a load of bullshit, i hate spoilering just because its all in the execution. Bringing back Hal Jordan sounded like inevitable fanfic shit till i watched Johns do it.

ill get on this soon, but yeah, without knowing the Ultimate Red Skull twist, i see where skeet's going with the WolviCable thing...its why Ultimatum, while laughable horrendous, does some game-changing shit because we're not the only ones who've commend on the better ultimate shit bleeding into 616 like a good movie idea and making you feel like "why is this line still going these days?": post-Ultimatum, its obvious they want a very clear distinction between the universes, and its working backwards from, again, Ultimatum's reveals/crazy body-count.

No, but it was inevitable in the same way we can right now anticipate the return of Batman's gonna be a Shenanigans-sweep.

Regarding Ultimatum- when you rationalise like that then it almost justifies shit like... Shit I forget the line, but it was something god-awful that far outstripped 'do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by Lightning?'. Anyways though, some good characters dropped in Ultimatum I'd have liked to see more of, I only wish Ultimate Hawkeye dropped. I hate that guy now.

...did you finish all 5 issues, though? the count gets crazy at the end.

you're right, i dont wanna rationalize these deus ex's but honestly? Amazing Spider-Man is really good right now, good enough to (mostly) make me forget it stemmed from One More Day bullshit. im hoping a year from now, the Ultimate line does the same thing: delicious mushrooms that you pretend didnt grow from shit.

I made it through all 5, wish I could remember that fucking line. Was Wolverine talking to Magneto and something about, If I'm death than that makes you dead or someshit. You have the issues right there, you tell me what I'm talking about.

oh god, its not on me but it was gold, something like "i couldnt kill you before 'cause i was afraid to die, but now im not afraid to die so you have to die" or the like. was i wrong that shit was so deliciously arbitrary & out of character, it felt like a plot you'd write when playing with action figures, or did you get a different vibe?

Oh god, between Hank Pym

taking asploding Madroxes out to swim

& Cyclops

being sniped

, even I wasn't imaginitive enough to do that with my planks of wood I had instead of GI Joes. And that's not the line(though it's sufficiently awful) either. I'll find it tonight & post it.

oh yes, that was indeed gold.

i cant say its better than Thing walking into Doom's castle and...i mean fuck, why didnt someone just do that years ago? and was it me, or did Cyk seem to empathize/forgive mags and damn him in the space of 2 panels?

Archived