Hondo's Bar

VAST

The NZA

So, as ive put out there in the past, i'm a big fan of a little-known group, VAST. The lead singer, Jon Crosby, has one of these really haunting voices, and some of their songs really hit a chord with me. One of my personal favorites, "Touched", can be downloaded from our servers right here, but ill go you one better: to sample a few of their best songs, and not download a thing, just check out their page on MySpace ; its quick, and the songs sound really great.

I'll quickly review their 3 albums....

B0000062QH.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Their premier album, "Visual Audio Sensory Theatre", which i was introduced to by sound clips from preivews for the show "Angel", is simply amazing, i think. No bad tracks here...a few faster ones like "Here" and "Temptation", but most is pretty reflective & ambient. Tracks can go from quiet vocals & acoustics to gregorian chanting and synthesis, its really interesting.

personal favorites: "Touched", "Pretty when you cry", "Flames", and "Dirty Hole".

B00004XPTI.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

"Music for People"....eh. People like Junker, who i recall enjoyed this one. I was really let down...its like, the beauty of the first album was traded for teen angst. It got them more notice, but seriously, i felt it was a step down, and only a track or two did i enjoy.

personal favorites: "Free", "I dont have anything", and one of the ones towards the end, who knows.

B0001DMVMG.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

"Nude"...i just found out about this one a lil while back, and im back on the bandwagon because of it. It's a lot more of what i loved about their first one...Crosby's powerful voice working with the instruments, not competing. That MySpace link has one of the best tracks from this album on it, too

personal favorites: "Lost", "Dont take your love away", "Winter in my heart", "Desert Garden"....those first 2 alone make it worth the price.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, 4 of their best are on that MySpace link, and ill gladly upload "Lost" for those that care to hear it....I really think some of you (especially MetalHeart) might dig them if you give it a try.

YES!

Nick! you truly are a god among men!!

I have heard of them before, but FORGOT all about them!

I'm used to love them so much, but I'm sure you've done it too, where things get to be too uch and you just lose track of all of those things you loved.

Thank you so much.

thank you thank you thank you thank you

EDIT

HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA STUPID WINAMP! lmfao.

so Like, I have a million songs on winamp, and most of the time i have it on random, and GUESS WHAT JUST CAME ON!!!!

i'm serious....

WINAMP.jpg

Nick, you've seent eh Touched music video, right? That's one of my favorite music videos ever. If you haven't, jump onto AIM and I'll send it to you.

Ah, Metal Heart has the copy of the XTC song I sent her in her playlist. I think that's my Violent Femmes song too....

You've sent me substantial music sir :D

Haha I remember a few years back I was at CD warehouse, and I purchased two XTC cd's just because of the album artwork lol. IT was super pretty!

IC -

do you know where I might find the torrent at? I mean, I can look it up (i'm just lazy is all haha)

Ok, so between Isohunt.com and others, i was largely unsucessful in finding a current seed of this album. :D

...but! I winrar'd it for you (you use that program, right?) and its 62 MB total...i could put this on our server for the day or somethin if you really want it, lemme know!

Ok, so between Isohunt.com and others, i was largely unsucessful in finding a current seed of this album. :D

...but! I winrar'd it for you (you use that program, right?) and its 62 MB total...i could put this on our server for the day or somethin if you really want it, lemme know!

awh I would love it! only if you are able to share it. Don't go jumping through any hoops for me, though! If it's no problem I'll be happy to have it!

Yeah, I had the 1st album a while back(one of my many cds that were stolen:angry:). They're the fuckin' shiz. My fave was Pretty when I lie... Or was it pretty when you cry? anyways. Now i'ma go rebuy that album. Would any of you guys reccomend i bother with the 2nd album?

i...i posted reviews up top :D

i woudlnt bother with 2, but yeah, i really enjoyed their last one, "Nude", if you can find it. If you cant, ill make you a copy when youre stateside...Jax, did you mean you didnt enjoy "Music for Peole" (2) or the last one? Again, anyone who dug their debut album, i think they'll go for it.

And yeah, its "Pretty when you cry".

The last thing he said in his post was

Would any of you guys reccomend i bother with the 2nd album?

and my response to THAT statement was

I didn't care for it

So...

First album: hear it and liked it

Second album: ear it and didn't like it.

Third album: Haven't heard it, but I hear good things about it (from Nick and Rachael).

Archived