Hondo's Bar

Metroid homebrew

Acalis

Hey guys get a load of this game! It's a virtually perfect reenactment of the original NES Metroid game, only instead of playing as Samus Aran, you play the game as none other than Megaman! Instead Samus takes on the role as a baddie.

Check it out! (you need Flash to play both of them)

http://www.flashplayer.com/games/megamanvsmetroid_movie.php

And if you like this one, be sure to see Megaman play the role of Arthur in the NES game Ghosts N' Goblins!

http://www.flashplayer.com/games/megamangh...oblin_movie.php

:D

Yeah, where's the screen for JUSTIN BAILEY?

That would be funny. Who would play the role? Can you imagine Roll running around Zebes like that? Would be pretty funny.

I wish the game had been longer, but I guess you can only do so much on Flash. I'm just amazed how the guy did the animations so well it felt like I was playing the actual NES game on an emulator!

I'd also love to see Megaman vs. Kid Icarus, now that would rock man! (no pun intended) :D

I wish the game had been longer

Wait, you beat it? really? damn....i gotta try again i guess.

And yeah, id be down to see anythin with Kid Icarus these days, if im not mistaken the original creator passed, but i loved that game, been wonderin where the remake is.

Wait, you beat it? really? damn....i gotta try again i guess.

Yeah it was hard but I beat it. Samus Aran is the bad guy and there's a cool remix of the Megaman boss music when you fight her. When you do beat her, you get the screen for when Megaman gets a new weapon, the Missile. You can also replay the game, but with the missile (listed as S. Missile) in your inventory, and it's as effective as the Mega Buster. Also if I am not mistaken, you can also use the S. Missile in the other game, Megaman vs. Ghosts n' Goblins! I never beat that one though, so I don't know what you get for beating Arthur in the end of that one.

And yeah, id be down to see anythin with Kid Icarus these days, if im not mistaken the original creator passed, but i loved that game, been wonderin where the remake is.

If you like Kid Icarus, you will love this Flash commercial from Pixeled Parodies for Sobe energy drink:

http://www.videogamedc.com/Pixeled_Parodie...rus__vgdc_.html

:D

• 11 years later...

RD_Random4_zpswooupv0k.png RD_Random5_zpskzjzywqn.png

Norfair_A_zpstw8p85cn.png

Chozo_03_zpstsufq3hr.png Chozo_01_zps4rc0dpax.png

- A vast world to explore unlike any other Metroid hack.

- A world filled with secret areas and discoveries that will push and reward your urge to explore

- Missiles treated with greater value, requiring you to explore and endure interesting challenges to acquire (no more freebies, you can go strait to a boss with 5 missiles if your a lazy explorer).

- A much more Super Metroid like experience due to a new screen scrolling transition technique I'm applying to my level designs (no bubble doors on the planetary surface!). A tremendous evolution in the way you navigate and explore in the original metroid game engine. This method does not require ASM hacks.

- New unique story line that will be part of the in game play, not just a thread post explaining it, you'll discover it by playing the game.

- Game engine modifications by Snarfblam that will change the way you experience Metroid, Level designs created to get the most out the new features and modifications.

· Save game feature

· Wavy Ice beam

· In game map system

· Wall jump - New Item

· Heal blocks (health charging capability)

· Hurt blocks (damaging elements can now be included in the level design)

· Spring ball (jump while morphed) - New Item

· Morph while in air

· Bomb enhancements

· And more

- New music!

looks like July!