Hondo's Bar

Best Beastie Album

Reverend Jax

Which is your favorite Beastie Boys Album?  

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

These are their 6 basic albums. There are a few other discs out there; a few EPs, the Anthology (The Sounds of Science), a collection of stuff rom the early days (Some Old Bullshit) and a disc of extended instrumental tracks (The In Sound from Way Out!). If you honestly wanted to vote for The In Sound from Way Out! or Some Old Bullshit, shout out and I'll edit the poll, but I figure these 6 album are going to constitute the core of the votes.

Actually, I think this poll is all about Licensed to Ill Vs Paul's Boutique. Every single track off Licensed to Ill was a solid potential hit. They could have released any of those songs as single adn they would have been hot on the radio. On the flip side, their Paul's Boutique. There's no cut on Paul's Boutique that was really tailor made for radio and up to the radio single status of Licensed to Ill's cuts, but the album is so fucking solid as a whole disc, I'm gonna give it some more thought, but I am leaning to Paul's Boutique.

Any thoughts? I'm curious as to what 2Track's favorite Beastie album is.

personally, i liked DJ Green Lantern's mix of their last album better than the actual LP, but thats prolly just me.

Actually, I think this poll is all about Licensed to Ill Vs Paul's Boutique.

Was just thinkin the same thing.

You've...never heard Licensed to Ill or Paul's Boutique? :D I mean Paul's Boutique I understand. It's a crime that more people haven't heard that album, but the fact remains that many haven't, you've never heard Licensed to Ill? Imagine an album with (You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (To Party), No Sleep Til Brooklyn, Girls, and Brass Monkey. Now imagine a album with those 4 cuts plus 9 others that are just as good.

I actually started this poll cause I was downloading the complete Beastie discography to fill in the holes in my collection, and I started listening to The In Sound from Way Out!, and it's fucking really interesting.

B000002TXM.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

It's not a Beastie Album, it's more like the Beasties taking the beats and grooves from some previous albums (mostly of Ill Communication it seems) and extending and producing them into some awesome instrumental grooves. Without the rapping, it's definitely not a Beastie album, but this is something I think everyone can enjoy. It's funky as hell.

I tossed my vote down for Paul's Boutique. It's a close call, no no doubt, but in the end, Licensed to Ill's heavy metal power chords and Run-DMC-clonesque rhyming is no competetion for Paul's Boutique's dense sonic layering and masterful sampling.

From the voting record, it appears Only Skeet and I have voted.

Hey Ladies!

Paul's boutique here, specially since I'm tired of half the songs on Liscense to Ill and I never liked fight for your right that much in the first place.

I'd like to hear that DJ lantern Remix cd, cause I thought to the 5 burroughs was pretty good.

Archived