Hondo's Bar

Howl's Moving Castle

The NZA

I did just that; saw it that very night. I hate laptop keyboards, so nothing detailed here, but it was really enjoyable, up to Miyazaki par, which for me means i have no idea what'll happen next, but ill love getting there.

Not as great as Spirited Away, but for me, just as enjoyable as how i recall Monoke. The ending was a bit forced & rushed, but otherwise, great movie.

• 2 weeks later...

Freakin' cool its a must see...the american cast was kicked I don't dubbed movie there are very very very few ::did i say very few:: that I can watch and this is one of them its ino my fav. Miyazaki flim ever ....

Age rating: Older Children (May contain mild bad language, bloodless violence)

Genres: Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy

Plot Summary: A plain young hatter named Sophie has her life changed when an evil witch transforms her into an old woman. Unable to face her family in such a condition, Sophie runs away in search of a way to become young again. Along the way, Sophie helps a turnip headed scarecrow, who repays her by leading her to the moving castle owned by the dreaded wizard Howl. There she befriends Howl's apprentice Markl, Howl's fire demon Calcifer, and eventually, Howl himself. Sophie then becomes the castle's cleaning lady in an effort to not only find the solution to her problem but to save Howl from his own terrible secrets as well.

Director: Hayao Miyazaki

Screenplay: Hayao Miyazaki

English Cast

Christian Bale as Howl

Emily Mortimer as Sophie Hatter (young)

Jean Simmons as Sophie Hatter (old)

Billy Crystal as Calcifer

Lauren Bacall as Witch of the Waste

Blythe Danner as Madam Suliman

Crispin Freeman as Prince Turnip

Jane Alan as Honey

Jena Malone as Lettie

Josh Hutcherson as Markl

Liliana Mumy as Madge

Mark Silverman as King

Indeed...Miyazaki is a master. Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away are easily my 2 favorite animated films of all time.

Can't wait to see Howl's...I've read the book it's based on and it was good, so I have high hopes for the Miyazaki big-screen adaptation. I'll see it when (and if) it comes to a theater near me.

Archived