Hondo's Bar

Greatest Hip-Hop GROUP

Reverend Jax

Who is the Greatest GROUP in Hip-Hop History  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Alot of the shit Iceman said about Run-DMC could be said abotu the Beastie Boys. As far as I know, they ar eteh only hip-hop group to stay together for almost 30 years, and they've remained consistant in solid albums, if not releasing them very often (only 6 real albums so far).

I regret not putting the Digable Planets on this poll.

Digableplanets.jpg

While no one would have voted for them, they deserved to be on the poll. Of course, that's not as striking as my omition of Bone Thugs... :ohface:

The Beasties are fun, and longevity has its due, but you just cant put them side by side with Run DMC: the influece of their style & even clothing/look had on hip-hop was tremendous at the time.

Diggable Planets is noteworthy, but i only know the one album with cool like that - jax, can you name a few others on par with it?

and Bone Thugs had something different at the time, but dont go thinking theyre the biggest crime missing from here, when groups like EPMD almost always went gold without a radio single to their name, as i recall.

I wonder if this is a joke...forgetting about them as a way to look down your nose at them for selling out....

..you mean Black Eyed Peas? Never heard them called BEP. Anyway, they did what, joints & jams mebbe one more noteworthy song in the mid/late 90's, didnt get noticed again until '03 when they came back with Fergie?

Theyre a poor man's Fugees. They work as a crossover hit and i hear Will I Am has talent on other projects, but i dont see how their name is even brought up in this thread.

Archived