Hondo's Bar

Space Ghost

The NZA

space_ghost.jpg

Before Adult Swim, there was Space Ghost: Coast to Coast, an amazing, odd show where a forgotten hanna-barabera character takes 2 of his arch-nemesis and enslaves them to his talk show, which is often about 7-15 minutes of nothing at all.

If you havent seen it....you must. If you have, this is a place to talk about how awesome it is, even as long as its been going (i think ive got up to episode 85 or so). I was just reading that its the same creators here & on Aqua Teen, which makes sense.

Here, our boy drinks coffee with Zorak & Moltar.

spaceghost.gif

sgctc2_f.jpg

review_spk_8.jpg

spaceghostreal.gif

brak.gif

The show when Pavement replaced Brak was the best. Man, there were some great guests...The Ramones, Mike Watt, Timothy Leary, John Stewart, Matt Groening, Kevin Smith, Mike Judge, Ben Stiller, Michael Moore, Conan O'Brien, David Byrne, Jonathan Richman, Thurston Moore, Jimmy Cliff, Chuck D, Jim Jarmusch...fuck...I'm sure there's more I can't think of. What a show. I find that when I watch it in work they store empties out pretty quick (another endering factor). God bless SGC2C.

• 3 weeks later...

I saw a bit of the Brack show in MetalHeart's when I was in Texas. Kinda sucks to be honest. The highlights were when the preying mantis thing came out of nowhere and started shooting stuff to shit.

This skin makes everything look like quotes.

This skin makes everything look like quotes.

sorry, just wanted to quote you and see what that actually looked like...youre right, tho.

Alright, guess i wont look high & low for Brak's show, he's just hilarious on Space Ghost is all. "Lovesick" was great, where he gets dumped, and then has to put up with Carrot Top, heh.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw the Jon Stewart intereview....im sad this show doesnt run anymore, even if it did get like 85 episodes or so out...how many DVD's are there of it?

Also, still willin to chance it with Brak show if anyone (MH?) finds a torrent...

i cant believe i just saw a drama troupe reenatcment of some of SG's greatest shows...its really, really odd when its not animated. More so when you realize SG is played by Andy Merrill, the guy who voices Brak.

Archived