Hondo's Bar

Marvel: Civil War

The NZA

Civil War  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ku-dos to Little Nemo for reading all 106 issues. I don't think even I could have made that slog.

Having just read the new Battleworld CW Book with no expectation, I was pleasantly surprised by the way they gave the event legs.

So instead of Cap pussying out and eventually being shot, he and Stark divide the US/ landmass they occupy in Battleworld straight down the middle(separated by an actual fissure incase fans think metaphor is a new mutant ability) and each run their domains as The Blue and the Iron, respectively.

Stark runs a well-organised beauracracy in line with what you'd expect from enforced registration. Have abilities? Pop down to your local precinct to log your info and head off to training camp. The alternatives from there are alluded to in the form of the Bullseye Boys(Bullseye is either a catylist or red Herring to what comes next). Cap's side is kind of a free state. The only governmental mandates are to help out when possible, and to not hurt anyone. Run afoul of either and the Punishers will be on your case.

The framework is a bog-standard whodunnit with no sense of subtlety when it comes to imagery, what I'm liking is seeing how, some few decades on how things shaped up with two polarizing ideologies living next to eachother.

Oh, that sounds COOL!

Yeah - it was a beast. I also marathoned all the tie-ins and crossover issues of the Onslaught event awhile back. I could never finish the Secret Wars - can't tell you how many times I've started the first one and just drifted off. I'm gonna make it a point to finish 'em next week.

The Infinity Sagas (Gauntlet, War, ect.), I couldn't put down. I loved how Thanos managed to find and get ahold of all the Infinity Stones and all that followed.

Can't wait to see how they pull off Civil War and the Infinity War on the big screen.

Quietly happened during Civil War. One of the highlights, for me, was Nova coming back to Earth for whatever reason and Tony Stark trying to recruit him to be pro-registration. Nova was like, "you realize that the fate of the entire universe is at stake, right? But keep squabbling here on Earth. No, I won't join your little 'war'" and flies back to space.

• 2 months later...

Marvel Teases Civil War 2

It looks like Marvel Comics may be teasing a sequel to one of its biggest event comics ever, Civil War.

Retailers received a post card from Marvel featuring Iron Man battling Captain America (Sam Wilson) in a style reminiscent of covers to the original Civil War series. On the reverse side is the Roman numeral “II” in Civil War’s red font.

Check it out below.

CQktEaJU8AADJ7w.jpgCQktEwdVAAA9Wg-.jpg

Could the All-New, All-Different Avengers be on the road to war before they even make their debut?