Hondo's Bar

Grandma's Boy (2006)

This movie, is HYSTERICAL!!! If you are a gamer and love games and know someone who is a gamer and maybe has smoked pot, you will LOVE this movie.

The plot:

It's about this middlge aged guy who happens to be a vidoe game tester and is forced to move with his grandmother after his ex-roomate spends all their rent money on asian hookers. So while trying to work on his own side project/creation game for the X-box, he's dealing with his grandmother and her two lady roomates (one's mental on meds, and the other a nympho). His co-workers are the best! All pretty much the cliche portrail of a gamer - dorks, virgins, live with their parents, etc. The antagonist is by far the worst! He acts as if he's a robot and is obsessed with the Matrix style (need I say more?). And his close friend is a pot dealer and extreme smoker, one of the best characters! (haha). So all the main character wants to do is work on his video game and smoke pot and maybe bang his do-abe female co-worker.

This bit of review should do most of the talking.

The jokes are addictive and the gags are of a highly colloquial nature, each being readily quotable and observable to anyone who loves videogames, has nerdy friends & acquaintances or is familiar with themes of arrested development. And despite the Hollywood pastiche of what game developers and tester do as a job and technical inaccuracies, the love for the geeky gaming subculture comes off as sincere and endearing.

I encourage everyone to check it out should you be a huge Adam Sandler flick/ past Adam Sandler Co-stars(Allen Covert, Peter Dante)/ Nick Swardson(comedian) fans!!!

Nick what's-his-name made this one for me.

"My roomates bought me thsi car, im hopin to get rims on it for christmas, or mebbe a CB radio so i can talk to other car-beds...mebbe an alarm...hey, you want a teddy bear? i keep spares in the trunk."

Nick what's-his-name made this one for me.

"My roomates bought me thsi car, im hopin to get rims on it for christmas, or mebbe a CB radio so i can talk to other car-beds...mebbe an alarm...hey, you want a teddy bear? i keep spares in the trunk."

Nick Swardson? He was fucking amazing in this movie:

"Hey there Silver Fox."

"This chicks pussy smelled like the great depression."

"Hey mommy, did you TIVO Samurai Jack for me?"

"My.name.is.JP.and.I.am.a.robot.vagina."

My favorite quote from JP, the wanna be robot/matrix guy:

"You don't like techno music cuz you don't have robot ears."

This movie rocks. I think everyone should watch it. like right now. You'll enjoy it, I assure you. :)

Archived