Hondo's Bar

Oasis - Heathen Chemistry *NEW ALBUM*

Oasis

One of the best British Bands of the nineties that is without Doubt, Two Stonking Albums (Definately Maybe & Whats the Story? Morning Glory) one mediocre album (Be Here Now) Then Standing on the Shoulders of Giants. A good comeback!

Well i want to know what you think of this, are they their own unique brand of rock n roll :D or are they just cheap rip offs of the Beatles!! :weed:

I wanna hear your views on this one!?

Everyone calls em ponces for thinkin theyre as big as the Beatles...i say there's bigger egos, but yeah that is kinda crazy. Regardless....like most, i played certain songs to death..."Wonderwall", "Dont look back in anger", "Champagne Supernova" etc, so i cant deny likin em.

My favorite song by them still has to be "D'yer Wanna be a Spaceman", didnt hear that one till i saw this great anime music video collage, put to "Macross Plus", an excellent series.  Great fuckin song.  :D

I was a fan in their early careers but like most people lost interest around the time of 'Be Here Now'. Blur have more staying power coz they seem to evolve but Oasis just seem to churn out the same stuff which was okay all those years ago but is getting a bit boring now.

Not impressed by the new single and I think I'll give the new album a miss. Much more exciting bands I could be spending my money on.  :D

Well the new single I like better than others of recent memory at least musically if not lyrically but I'll stand by my decision that Oasis, Beatles rip-off or not (and I think not), only had two average albums, then a couple of crap ones...but you knew I was gonna say that SoF!  :sly:

Yeah i knew you were going to say that and you know that i have to disagree :D

Well their first two albums were great, then Be Here Now was shite, then i thought they had redeemed themselves with Standing on the Shoulders of Giants, which includes Fucking in The Bushes, which is on the Snatch soundtrack! Where Mickey goes horizontal in a Match!!!

So only time will tell if this new album of theres is any good!