Hondo's Bar

What would you be in an MMORPG?

TopDawg540

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OK heres another shamless Gemstone plug. Recently started playing again and i was curious as to what kind of characters you folks would all be if you were to start playing Gem. Placed in the crap shack assuming nobody will respond cept trolls.

I Still think alot of yas would have a blast if ya looked into it.

~TD

I myself Primarily Play a Rogue. He's a good fighter, a great locksmith and a good thief when the occasion calls for it. Lockpicking is probably one of my favorite aspects of the game. This is the only game i have seen to date where you can go hunt creatures and once killed they can be skinned for a pelt which you can sell at a furrier in town then search it and among the regular treasure you can find Locked boxes.

You can then open them if your skilled enough and have a lockpick with you or visit the area in town the the locksmiths hang around in and have your box opened to find things like coins, gems, magic items and even unique weapons. This would have worked so well in Everquest the rogues there were so bland, backstabbing is NOT a character defining skill...

~Lord Aiucard

I go for Paladin-type characters; theyre not massive, just skilled fighters. I dig the fact that they arent very good at magic either, but learn a few practical spells of healin to help themselves out - Cheify tells me the Diablo 2 one can learn some badass defensive spells; thats what im talkin bout.  

Rangers sound like fun too but not sure if they have too much purpose...anyway, paladins or that type if theyre available, usually.

PS this aint no crap topic...TD, ya mind if this is moved to video games? Up to you...

Well if you think so nick sure shuffle it on over to the games area, i just didnt wanna incite a troll fest over there if this turned ugly  :blush:

There are some slight twists for the paladins in Gemstone thou. They are fighters but they have to train harder then most classes to keep the physical skills up, and they actually have some pretty sweet spells. They are the only ones in the game that can raise you when your dead otherwise you decay and respawn on the altar in town (nasty exp loss) plus they have some great Defense spells, wicked vs undead spells, blessing weapons, Commune with the gods, ects. They cant heal thou thats left to the empaths.

And rangers arent as bad as junker paints them. Their fighters with nature related spells, one can call a bee swarm, one calls vines around you to pull the enemy to the ground, Foraging spells t o help find herbs, skinning spells to get better prices at the furrier, some good strength and defense spells. its a nice hybrid caster/fighter class.

Sorcerors are pretty badass when they get older, They are hard to level early on thou because physically they are so damn weak. BUT once you get a few levels under your belt and come into the good spells there are very few who can hold up against an old Sorc.

Their spells include Blood burst (rips open the targets jugular vein), Disintegrate, Mind jolt (nasty stun), Limb disruption (breaks a random limb on the target), implosion, Curse, disease, Eye Spy (your eye leaves its socket grows wings then you controll it as a scout), Evil eye (turns your scouting eye into a long range weapon) and many others.

:sly:

~TD

Let's see you say you had a terrible AS and poor spells when you played the ranger?  Interesting, I never even knew you played long enough to figure that one out.  I remember hearing stories circulating around the Landing of your wonderful naked table dances though. :p

Oh, I played long enough.  Last I heard my character descended into madness after god knows how many levels worth of hunting mummies (which come about once every ten minutes and give like 2 exp when you were my level) in the same damned ten game spaces of the crypt.  "Hunt higher level stuff" you say, "group up!"  I would have if bad luck and pretentious role players hadn't have gotten in the way.  See, after that one instance in the history of GS3 where two characters had the same name (cloud), my name was sullied with stories of me saying dumb shit on that crystal network thing (which I spoke on once to sell a sword or something, and that went well as far as I can tell)  Then there was the cooincidence that the name cloud is also the name of one of the most dangerous things in the game.  Doesn't help when my name appears in bright red on the screen.  And other than that bad luck, there were the holier than thou "the only good fantasy is contained in 9000 page books" people that just hated me cause my name was from FF7, I even tried to roleplay it off and say i was named after a legendary hero or something.  No, FF7 was too "mainstream" for these people.    So mike telling me that I'd get cool spells in 6 more levels and that they are gonna be implementing cool stuff for level 80 rangers didn't lift my spirits much.  I ended up spending half of my time collecting toys and pastries.  My warrior named after sepiroth fared a little better, tho he still got bitched at for his name, but the warrior class wasn't interesting enough for me to keep playing.

Well i'll admit bro ya did have a bit of bad luck, But honestly things have changed. The population of the game has greatly shifted, Alot of the Snobby fuckers got fed up and left and alot of the older folks who had played the game for years before they were on the web have returned who actually ACT like the legends they are. There are a few new towns now that have  the "hometown" feel where folks help each other out, Killed townfolk are searched for actively, and the attitude in general has gotten so much lighter. I think if you gave it another shot you might like what you see. And you'd have me Kym and A few of our friends to give ya a hand here an there. Just lemme know if ya want to give it another go, ya dont even need a credit card if you use the MSN gaming zone...

~TD