Hondo's Bar

Macross Frontier!

Sento Naninaki

Firstly let me give a brief description with snipits from wiki:

Macross (マクロス, Makurosu?, lit. "Macross") is a long-running series of science fiction anime, created by Shoji Kawamori of Studio Nue in 1982. The franchise features a fictional Earth History after the year 1999. The franchise title features three TV series, three movies, four OVAs, and 2 manga series. The Macross II OVA carries the Macross title; however, it was not produced by Studio Nue.

Within the series, the term Macross is used to denote the main capital ship. This theme began with the first Macross, the SDF-1 Macross.

- WIKI

The television series always centralizes around a romantic drama( love triangle) with the backdrop of a dramatic war. The series is on its 25th year.... it's older then I am damn... anyways the newest iteration of the series is Macross Frontier ; humans have now fled earth and into huge space colonies on a odyssey to...well I'm not entirely sure. What I am sure of it's use of smooth (wide-screen animation). The animations for the mechs(the newest VF-25) are done so with cg and while it does stand out a bit.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Firstly let me give a brief description with snipits from wiki:

- WIKI

The television series always centralizes around a romantic drama( love triangle) with the backdrop of a dramatic war. The series is on its 25th year.... it's older then I am damn... anyways the newest iteration of the series is Macross Frontier ; humans have now fled earth and into huge space colonies on a odyssey to...well I'm not entirely sure. What I am sure of it's use of smooth (wide-screen animation). The animations for the mechs(the newest VF-25) are done so with cg and while it does stand out a bit.

First things first :duh:

It not an odyssey that they are on. It's more like trying their damn best to make sure humanity isn't nearly wiped out like the first time. So they set out all over the Universe to prevent that.

Question? Have you ever seen the other macross shows?

First things first :duh:

It not an odyssey that they are on. It's more like trying their damn best to make sure humanity isn't nearly wiped out like the first time. So they set out all over the Universe to prevent that.

Question? Have you ever seen the other macross shows?

Yes and No... I've Seen Robotech(which to my knowledge is made up of he original macross and two other completely separate anime) when I was younger; and then I watched the macross plus OVA. so I'm not sure exactly where I stand due to my exposure to robotech and its non-cannon-ness.

Yes and No... I've Seen Robotech(which to my knowledge is made up of he original macross and two other completely separate anime) when I was younger; and then I watched the macross plus OVA. so I'm not sure exactly where I stand due to my exposure to robotech and its non-cannon-ness.

Try to watch the 1st movie. It's called Macross: do you remember love. Which retells the story of the the show. If anything the movie kicks more ass then the show and while it's 24 years old the animation is still pretty damn impressive.

Macross torrent

I'm watching this one. It's doing okay for itself as a robot show, even though I know the show is always and forever about singing women.

True but the is awesome at times

Try to watch the 1st movie. It's called Macross: do you remember love. Which retells the story of the the show. If anything the movie kicks more ass then the show and while it's 24 years old the animation is still pretty damn impressive.

Macross torrent

True but the is awesome at times

I'm currently torrenting it and the original series >_> wait. Is it ok to say that ?

I'm currently torrenting it and the original series >_> wait. Is it ok to say that ?

If you're asking whether or not torrenting is a verb, I'd have to say no. If you're asking if we care if you're downloading it illegally, I'd have to again say no.

If you're asking whether or not torrenting is a verb, I'd have to say no. If you're asking if we care if you're downloading it illegally, I'd have to again say no.

Since we're on the subject I'd like to discus the different subbing groups. I've personally done a bit of fansubbing during my studies at home and abroad and its fun to see these groups competing with each other. I trust mymenclave and the conclave websites for this particular sub(Macross frontier)... after shinsen basically started making things up during the subbing of 'gundam 00'

Since we're on the subject I'd like to discus the different subbing groups. I've personally done a bit of fansubbing during my studies at home and abroad and its fun to see these groups competing with each other. I trust mymenclave and the conclave websites for this particular sub(Macross frontier)... after shinsen basically started making things up during the subbing of 'gundam 00'

Thats a whole other thread. In fact that should be a new thread to make.

I have to with Ayako for my fansubbing.

Just about everybody here uses Torrent. Hell most of our members are nothing more then :pinch:

At least you and me skirt the line by having way-too-much on DVD in addition to way-too-much downloaded.

We were not already on the subject and you are a LIAR, sir ((or madam)).

I wouldn't somuch say I understand Japanese, as much as I have picked up random useless tidbits through constant anime watching. However, I do know the english language, and I know when it gets fucked up. Translations mean shit if you don't understand both of the languages in question.

I'm following [AiA I-Z] on this one, and they do a shit job of using proper english. There are sentences with missing words, for instance. I'd change away, but since Gattai didn't bother to translate the opening or ending songs ((which, in a show about singing girls is possibly a fatal mistake)) and most of the other translation projects are going a bit slow, I've been sticking with it.

A lot of times, also, I go for the subs that take a better approach in translation on the English side. I'm watching "Allison and Lillia" right now, done by [sHS-FoSu], because they translated the first line of the opening song as "Cross over the mountains clothed in ultramarine," wheras a different sub group had something to the effect of "Cross over the ultramarine mountains." The second one, for all I know, could be more accurate, but I prefer the first one because it sounds nicer.

At least you and me skirt the line by having way-too-much on DVD in addition to way-too-much downloaded.

We were not already on the subject and you are a LIAR, sir ((or madam)).

I wouldn't somuch say I understand Japanese, as much as I have picked up random useless tidbits through constant anime watching. However, I do know the english language, and I know when it gets fucked up. Translations mean shit if you don't understand both of the languages in question.

I'm following [AiA I-Z] on this one, and they do a shit job of using proper English. There are sentences with missing words, for instance. I'd change away, but since Gattai didn't bother to translate the opening or ending songs ((which, in a show about singing girls is possibly a fatal mistake)) and most of the other translation projects are going a bit slow, I've been sticking with it.

A lot of times, also, I go for the subs that take a better approach in translation on the English side. I'm watching "Allison and Lillia" right now, done by [sHS-FoSu], because they translated the first line of the opening song as "Cross over the mountains clothed in ultramarine," wheras a different sub group had something to the effect of "Cross over the ultramarine mountains." The second one, for all I know, could be more accurate, but I prefer the first one because it sounds nicer.

You caught me, I'm a huge liar :p. AiA I-Z is good since they use the mp4 format which can then be streamed to ps3. Japanese can be a complicated language to grip yourself around even when directly translating, so I can definitely understand. It's funny how surrounding yourself in a different language can damage your native tongue. So now my Japanese and my English are equally bad. I apologize

You caught me, I'm a huge liar :p. AiA I-Z is good since they use the mp4 format which can then be streamed to ps3. Japanese can be a complicated language to grip yourself around even when directly translating, so I can definitely understand. It's funny how surrounding yourself in a different language can damage your native tongue. So now my Japanese and my English are equally bad. I apologize

TVersity transcodes everything I have to be streamed to the PS3, so that's hardly a concern of mine. :p

As soon as other groups pick up the speed on Macross Frontier, I'm going to stop caring about [AiA I-Z]. Seriously, dropping words out of a sentence is horrible.

Was half hoping you'd correct me on the sir/madam bit so I wouldn't have to wonder about it.

TVersity transcodes everything I have to be streamed to the PS3, so that's hardly a concern of mine. :p

As soon as other groups pick up the speed on Macross Frontier, I'm going to stop caring about [AiA I-Z]. Seriously, dropping words out of a sentence is horrible.

Was half hoping you'd correct me on the sir/madam bit so I wouldn't have to wonder about it.

I'm a He - but often referred to as a she. ^^

So... coming back to Macross... I love to see this franchise alive and well again. Since (and a couple of you already know it) I fucking love Macross. Cant wait to see it.

BTW, did you finally buy that Macross 1/5000 Newt?

• 4 weeks later...

IS there more than just episode 1 of Macross F yet? I more or less like the first episode, but wanted to see more before making a final decision, the green haired moe chick gave me worries. Still the art has been great thus far, I didn't mind the new idol, and the tone is spot on, unlike mac7.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Why are you people not watching this.

Episode 10 was just awesome on so many levels. The title of the show was call "legend of Zero".

In this episode the character are starting in a movie based on Macross zero but what made this

episode stand out even more was a line by one of the character near the end.

In the show Ranka ends up playing the role of Sara little sister Mao. Which was all good till her brother uttered a line.

"It must be destiny that you ended up playing the role of Dr. Mao Nome"

Can it be that she's related by blood to Mao and Sara and the main reason why the enemy tends to react to her singing.

Archived