Hondo's Bar

Beyond Good & Evil 2

The NZA

didnt we have a topic for this? fucked if i can find it

1251260585.jpg

looks great so far, right? well, SUCK IT DOWN, ITS DELAYED, FOR GOD KNOWS HOW LONG.

What sorry news; Beyond Good & Evil 2 is now definitely on hold.

Why oh why would Ubisoft put the sequel to Beyond Good & Evil on hold? Especially following the game's announcement and then the release of its first teaser trailer. This just sounds like a cruel joke.

The game's creative lead Michael Ancel talked about Beyond Good & Evil 2 as far back as May 2009, with Ubisoft confirming that the game was in development at UbiDays in Paris.

In April 2009 we again heard from Ancel that the game would be bigger and more immersive than its predecessor, despite the fact that full production had yet to begin. Still, we had the game's first in-engine teaser trailer to gawk over.

However, in July of this year, Ubisoft's North American president Laurent Detoc coldly put doubt into our minds:

"Whether or not it [beyond Good & Evil 2] comes out remains to be seen anyway, but we didn't want to abandon that IP because it has a cache and authenticity about it. There's something very pure about that game and it's too bad that we were not able to build it as an IP at the time."

"Well, I didn't say there's definitely going to be another game. I said something had leaked, which means we've been working on some Beyond Good and Evil stuff, but whether there's going to be another game or not, that's something for the future," Detoc added.

Now Gamersyde's Snoopers confirms that the game has been put on hold after being informed at GamesCom in Cologne, Germany, tweeting:

"I got confirmation at Cologne's Gamescom that Beyond Good & Evil 2 is on hold for now. No idea if it's def or temporary but it sucks."

Sigh.

1251201159.jpg

Ubisoft, i will never again mock an Imagine Petz/Babyz/Fecez etc game if you go ahead with this one. I know part of what weve seen was leaked, but part was shown too - dont drop the ball here.

Archived