Hondo's Bar

Ghost like Swayze

Eh, I've said my piece on Donnie Darko. I don't get it, probably never will, Swayze was funny in it, moving on.

The only Swayze movie I've ever been able to stomach was Black Dog an action movie starring Swayze as an ex-con trucker hauling an illegal load of guns across the country. The box proclaims that it's "From the makers of Passenger 57" so that's what the PR people considered the good news.

It's cheesy in ways that even Con Air can't compete with but that's its charm. Plus it's got Randy Travis as the off-key country music star wannabe buddy and Meat Loaf as the bad guy.

Red Dawn, Dirty Dancing, Ghost, and Roadhouse can all suck my dick.

Nick, there's a fine point DoJ is making, I'm just saying we've never been clear on it. If someone is a contributor or artisan to the particular field that a forum is dedicated to, like movies or music or politics, is that where their obituary should go? If so, fine with me. Let's move this thread to movies and try to maintain some consistency on the matter.

i think baytor's problem is clear. He isn't commited to sparkle motion.

Sometimes I doubt YOUR committment to Sparkle Motion.

Nick, there's a fine point DoJ is making, I'm just saying we've never been clear on it. If someone is a contributor or artisan to the particular field that a forum is dedicated to, like movies or music or politics, is that where their obituary should go? If so, fine with me. Let's move this thread to movies and try to maintain some consistency on the matter.

The way i've always seen it, if a sports person died, I'd put it in sports. If a musician died, I'd put it in music. I in the past put the syd barret thread in there.

Seems a fairly easy way to do it. I really don't feel the need for more sub forum clutter however. There's enough as there is gathering dust and cobwebs faster than jax's sex life.

haha, ok we could have a morbid-ass poll as to "where to put this guy's obit thread" if they were that multi-talented, but yeah, if were on about content and try putting things where people who find that person relevant to their interests'd go (elliot smith in movies, movie voice guy went here, etc) then you know, i think it should be pretty easily decided.

should you guys be on about dirty dancing or road house or something?

Archived