Hondo's Bar

Black & Gold Super Bowl!

Mr. Hakujin

The Saints vs. The Colts. Personally I'm still in shock we made it. Thank Christ Favre is an old man and was knocked delirious thus causing him to make that shit pass in the final seconds of the 4th quarter and letting us go into OT and win the NFC Conference.

The Soul of New Orleans. If this vid doesn't motivate y'all to get yer TX & MIA arses down here for Mardi Gras then I don't know what will.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

• 2 weeks later...

Highest rated Super Bowl in 23 years! Not an easy feat considering The Who's snoozefest Halftime Show. Maybe Twnshend & Daltry should've had Timberlake rip off their shirts and expose their manboobs?

Anyway, 43 years in the making: Black & Gold Super Bowl!

Newt, here's how I want my guest room prepared for the next time I'm in MIA:

MD_NewOrleansSaintsExtras.jpg

yes, witnessing the humbling...it was like last election, let's leave it at that

man, id say someone's a sore winner for clowning on the Who and posting pics of his room from The Sims, but...this is your moment, man.

In all fairness to The Who, we only watched like three minutes of their set before the DJ hit mute and started playing Mystikal. NOLA thing I guess...

:mad:

Can you believe George & Alex were both txt'n me shit during the game? They even got Joel in on it. Fuckers got quiet in the 4th quarter though. :mad:

Bullshit.

I did no such thing and you know it.

Congrats, Chris! Way to go Saints! Awww Newt your Colts... FAILED! Chris, he's going to ask his mom permission for that...

I don't like the the Saints which is why I was rooting for the Colts.

Edited by Newtype

• 4 weeks later...

And so it begins--the dismantling of NOLA's first Super Bowl Championship team. The Saints had a lot of free agents, so this wasn't unexpected nor is it likely last player to leave the team for bigger paychecks. I can't blame Fujita though, $14Million for three years as a linebacker? No-brainer. The city will miss him though as he's been a fixture for the past few years he's been on the team.

. But at least he left the city on the right note:

...Scott Fujita, a somewhat unheralded linebacker on that Super Bowl team, recently signed as a free agent with the Cleveland Browns. Before leaving town, though, Fujita did one more thing for the people of New Orleans: He gave half of his Super Bowl check to charity, half of that going to relief efforts in Haiti, and the other half going to coastal restoration in New Orleans. From nola.com:

"The people of this city and region have been so good to me and my family that we just felt strongly about doing something to protect the city we have come to love so much, " Fujita said. "And helping on the coastal issue has been on the back of my mind since I first got here."

Take note, other free agents. That's how you leave a city. So far, the bar has been set at "hold a tearful press conference" or "thank the fans in a full-page newspaper ad" for a classy exit. Scott Fujita just raised it...

Edited by Mr. Hakujin