Hondo's Bar

The Flash vs Superman

archangel

Flash vs Superman  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ergh, explanation.

Flash took down Braniac Luthor solo. Whole team couldn't do what he did. Seems to have access to a core power that underscores the entire universe, while superman is just some creepily optimistic space mutant.

Underscore: I'd just WANT Flash to win.

Even with his expanded powers in the last 20 years (gaining control over inertia, speedforce etc etc.) Flash just isn't strong enough to take down a man who can stand up to RPGs.

However I am a big fan of the idea that Flash is just tons faster than Supes.

Right, but Flash's powers have never worked that way.

I mean, it's been well established that he hits a thousand times a second but each punch is human strength. Now, that's actually crap physics, but we'tre not gonna get into a discussion of superhero physics.

Think about that scenario with Flash poking someone at the speed of light. If the extra speed somehow was going to result in extra momentum for the punch, then flash's finger would break before superman's rib's felt the tickle.

you also forget two things about the Flash:

1. he can steal speed to augment his own

2. he can phase through objects

he can use both of those abilities to simply bypass superman's durability

Even failing all that, he could simply trap him in the speed force

1- Doesn't matter how much speed he steals, a collision between any part of him and any part of Supes would be like an egg against a steel wall

2- Doesn't matter if he can vibrate his atoms through stuff, because he still needs to slow down the vibrations to make contact and do damage.

And again, any contact between his fragile human atoms and Superman's alien ones means catastrophic damage for Flash.

ah, but then - supes holds his breath for long periods of time in space, thus making this a question of endurance! can the flash tickle him for days on end until he dies, or would his need to eat/sleep/defecate/answer the phonecalls from his angry wife/etc cause him to relent?

heh, DC kids.

this is like those of you that voted Batman over Cap because "he could escape the fight better". can Flash hide in the future or something? yes. if he doesnt, will superman easily outlast him and eventually just throw him into the sun for being so far out of his league & having tugged on his cape? yes.

OK< so I haven't read any Flash since Bart died and Wally and the kids came back, so I don't know what level Barry 'should still be dead' Allen is operating at.

But, so far the two things Archangel has brought up that seem like they have a chance are turning into pure energy, which I have no idea about and throwing Supes into the speedforce.

I mean comic books are very vague about 'energy' in general, but Energy has a few known forms.

Kinetic energy, which seems the most likely with Flash. Can't have this without some mass and once there's mass, there's molecules and that means there's gonna be contact between Flash and Supes and Flash loses.

Light energy: Again, likely with Flash's speed power. Light can be powerful (lasers etc) but nothing Superman can't handle.

As for tossing Supes into the Speedforce... Well, if it was that easy, doesn't that pretty much make Flash invincible? I mean, why can't he throw Darkseid into the Speedforce? Doomsday? I mean, who COULD beat Flash if this is really as simple as Archangel makes it sound? But, as I said, I haven't followed ANY comics for nearly a year so I don't know what's going on with Barry's powers and how they supposedly work.

Or will the flash simply push Superman into the Speed force and be done with the guy?

yes

...if that's true, if he can really do that now: jump ship while you can. overpowered characters are boring as shit, and the best stories come from them typically being weakened (Thor, etc). why dont we read more Silver Surfer, Ion or Sentry? yeah, that's why.

Flash should be able to outrun supes, sure. but even post-crisis, you're pitting a metahuman against a demi-god, basically. this shouldn't even be close.

2cd8mx3.jpgSuperman Blue says hello.
Excuse Red?
615322-supesflash_super.jpg615325-supesflash2_super.jpgThat's against Wally. This isn't even 'I'll just run us two seconds into the future because i can' Barry.767793-supermansucks_super.jpg...c'mon now.
What the fuck does that even mean, 'running us two seconds into the future'? Depending on your reading speed, I just ran us all 5-10 seconds into the future and I did that from Australia! Bickety-BAM!

Archived