Hondo's Bar

NFL draft 2010

Benz

The NFL draft has begun! I'll keep you guys updated on who goes to the Dolphins, the Patriots, the Saints, and the Jets (good to know the enemy)Any other teams?Dolphins pick is up next (12th in round 2) First pick went to a Quarterback, and no it wasn't Tebow! lol! It was Sam Bradford from Oklahoma picked up by the Rams.

dolphins_logo_small.gif

Traded their 1st round #12 pick to the San Diego Chargers. Hmmm.. I wonder what the thought was behind that...

Chargers picked up Ryan Mathews for it.

Scouts Inc. Pros: Runs through arm tackles and uses free hand to slap over pursuing defenders aside. Puts hand on the ground in an effort to regain balance when stumbles and to launch himself a few more yards at the end of runs. Powerful stiff arm. At his best when he can find the crease, plant and fire downfield. Downhill one-cut runner that doesn't waste much motion in the backfield and shows good burst through the hole.

Scouts Inc. Cons: Needs to be far more aggressive when asked to help out in pass protection. Did not play a prominent role in Fresno State's passing game. He has room to improve as a blocker (particularly technique and awareness) and he certainly needs more reps as a receiver.

new-england-patriots-original-pat-patriot-logo.png

Seems the Patriots traded down their pick too.. wtf... We coulda used some defense... Dez Bryant... Ugh.. Not that far down though... we get pick #24 now...

Traded down again to Dallas. Now #27. And they take Dez Bryant.. Ugh... Good job Belechick. Well, we need more defense anyway, but still...

new-england-patriots-original-pat-patriot-logo.pngamd_mccourty.jpg

Pick # 27 in the 1st round, the New England Patriots pick Devin McCourty, CB (Eh.. Ok, not bad. I like Patrick Chung as CB though...)

Scouts Inc. Pros: Willing and active in run support. Sound overall tackler. Does not have a lot of ammunition in holster but not afraid to throw weight around when filling on the perimeter. Does a good job of anticipating and is effective going down low to knock bigger ball carriers off feet. Overall ball skills are above-average. Tracks the ball well and is aggressive attacking it. Shows ability to separate receiver and ball without drawing pass interference flag.

Scouts Inc. Cons: Limited size and can be pushed around by bigger and more physical receivers in jump ball situations. Technique needs refined and can be too quick flipping hips out of backpedal. Flashes anticipation in man-coverage but needs to show more consistency in this area.

Now for the Dolphins pick...

dolphins_logo_small.gifjared.jpg

Pick #28 in the first round, the Miami Dolphins pick Jared Odrick, DT

Scouts Inc. Pros: Anticipates snap count and has the quick first step to beat blockers to the point of attack. Extremely competitive and works hard to fight through blocks. Fires off the ball and strong initial surge. Heavy hands and can stack blockers up in one-on-one battles.

Scouts Inc. Cons: Quick first step and flashes the ability to penetrate but lacks ideal closing speed and can be a step late getting to the quarterback as a result. Struggles to counter once engaged. Struggles to change directions and adequate at best lateral mobility. Has some problems holding ground against double teams.

Now for the hated retards, the NY Jets...

suck.jpgFLSAYPWOVJNDZZR.20090601151443.jpg

Pick #29 in the first round of the draft, the New York Jets (suck) select Kyle Wilson

Scouts Inc. Pros: A quick-twitch and smooth athlete. Changes directions effortlessly and can mirror receivers in man coverage. Can turn and run with receivers when lines up in press man coverage. Makes a quick transition out of back-pedal. Breaks on the ball extremely well and closes quickly when receivers make a catch in front of him. Natural hands. Aggressive and doesn't wait for the ball to come to him. Above-average body control and make acrobatic catches.

Scouts Inc. Cons: Needs to do a better job of getting head turned around in time to locate the ball. Also needs to do a better job of playing the ball without making contact with the receiver. Willing to step up in run support and get jersey dirty but takes too long to disengage from blocks at times. Inconsistent open field tackler.

Welcome to the team leaded by the biggest dickhead of all time in the NFL, Kyle.

new-orleans-saints-logo-751212-300x300.jpgFSU.embedded.prod_affiliate.56.jpg

Pick #32 last pick of Round 1, the New Orleans Saints select Patrick Robinson

Hmm.. they still haven't posted his pros and cons yet, but I'm hearing it's a good pick. Also according to ESPN, Tim Tebow was the worst pick of the first round earning a grade F. LOL!

Ok done having a fit over missing Huges and have really looked at Jared(need to see more film later at home) I like the kid, he's is going to be a hell of a player and decent chance to move to NT, he never ever gives up on plays and will really command a double team, freeing up our linebackers to make plays.

Notice that after we got marshell last week both the other players in the AFC east took cornors? Yeah this entire divison is now very very deadly at the reciever postion(poor bills) you know,, with braylon homoles, moss welker, and Marshall Hartline(kid is a stud, good kid too) we have to be one of the best reciver divisions in the league.

Now to Tebow, I used to give this kid enormous shit(I'm a Cane fan and my family being gators didn't help) but since the he left florida I've had time to look into this kid, as far as I can tell he's in reality a good kid, the kind of person we should be happy to show our kids as a role model(you can disagree with his beliefs but he is a good person) now I don't think he's NFL ready yet, and I do think Josh made a huge gamble there but he will work as hard as he can, if he fails it will be because he simply did not have the talent to compete not because he slacked off or isn't smart enough. time will tell. me? I'm rooting for him now as long as the phins always beat the donkey's :P

R2 today should be good, I'll be by tomorrow to give more of my insight.

new-england-patriots-original-pat-patriot-logo.pngl112763-1.jpg

With the 12th pick of round 2 (traded up. Wierd for New England) The new England Patriots select.... Rob Gronkowski, DT not bad.

What he brings: The biggest concern with Gronkowski is his durability; he missed all of the 2009 season with a back injury. On the other hand, if stays healthy he has the potential to develop into a complete tight end. He can make plays down the seam, get open underneath and walls off defenders as an inline blocker.

new-england-patriots-original-pat-patriot-logo.png3093908680_a9b0c12097.jpg

With the 21st pick of the 2nd round, New England Patriots tap Jermaine Cunningham, OLB.

What he brings: Cunningham is a reach here in terms of value. He has the natural ability to develop in to a productive outside linebacker in a base 3-4 scheme. On the flip side, he?s coming off a disappointing senior season and there are questions about his maturity and overall football character.

I hope Belechick knows what he's doing... We did need an OLB though.

new-england-patriots-original-pat-patriot-logo.pngt1_spikes16.jpg

With the 30th pick of Round 2, the New England Patriots pick Brandon Spikes. Another hole filled.What he brings: Spikes' poor showing at the combine and some durability concerns hurt him this weekend, but he is a sound pick here. Spikes is very instinctive both as a run-stopper and in coverage. While he needs to improve his ability to shed blocks, he does a good job slipping them and beating blockers at the point of attack because he gets there so quickly.

new-england-patriots-original-pat-patriot-logo.pngDQVXVCYTWJUGRJD.20090709135114.jpg#26 pick of Round 3, the New England Patriots pick Taylor Price, WR

What he brings: Price is an explosive home run threat on the perimeter. He has both top-end speed to stretch the field and does a great job dropping his weight and transitioning in and out of breaks. His best quality might be his overall ball skills. He should provide immediate playmaking ability for the Patriots offense.

dear tebow haters,

you can hate on tebow all you want but if he played for your college team, you'd love the shit out of him too. after the gators lost the ole miss game in 08 and he declared that he'd work harder than any other person, the entire team turned into a literal wrecking ball, destroying all other teams in their path AND didn't lose a fucking game until the SEC championship the next year to Alabama, the eventual natl champ, picking up an SEC championship and Natl championship in the process. as far as crying after losing, HE GIVES A FUCK. he's not made of stone. he puts his all into everything he does and i'm sure if you were thisclose to getting yourself into a 3rd national championship in 4 years, you'd be a little emotional too, especially if you felt that you just let down your entire team and your fans. that's just how he is. shit, mccoy was emotional after texas lost to alabama in the natl champ game (and understandably so), but he didn't get even half the flack that tebow did. i dare you or any other guy not to cry in that type of situation. the expectations are tremendous.

if he was a complete asshole, or even the tiniest bit of an asshole, i'd totally understand all the hate but he is the complete opposite. if you have a beef with the media's worship of him, take it up with them...he has no control over that. so from the gator nation perspective...it's sounds like a massive case of sour grapes. he's done more in his 4 years at florida, both athletically and personally, than most, if not all of you will do in your entire lives. he's a good kid with a very kind heart and he works like hell to fix his problems. now, i don't know how he's going to do in the pros but i wish him well and hope that he brings the kind of inspiration to the broncos that he brought to the gators. i'm happy to know that good sincere people like him exist in the world.

sincerely,

a gator fan

The hate comes from both the fact he looks too perfect, the fact he did so much, and the fact people think he gets too much press, and lets be honest part of it is that he's a practicing devout christian.

Ive come to like the kid though, now lets see if he can do it on the next level.

Eh, I don't hate him being a Christian, I actually like it. I like that he's a good person. I do like the guy. The crying bit though... come on, that's not very manly to do when you lose a sports game. He's a good guy though. I really do wish him the best on the Broncos. I can't hate too much on the Gators this year because the Pats have picked up what.. 3? 4? now? In places we need them.

That being said, for College, my loyalties lie with BC and UMass, and UNH for hockey.

oh come on, there's a huge list of guys who have cried cause of wining and losing, he's by far not the first.

anyway looks like good drafts for pats and phins... not sure about that trade of the jets but the rest looks ok, bills... well they are the bills...

holy shit, you football fans are weird. "good kid, good person, role model" etc - this sport is about taking a ball from one end of the field to the other, yes? did that change?

he's done more in his 4 years at florida, both athletically and personally, than most, if not all of you will do in your entire lives.

what a strange thing to say. the same thing could be said of Pailin and you, you know this right? i mean, she hunts, im told, so she's 2 for 2 on you already.

i hope im never such a fanboy of anything as to speak from its "nation".

holy shit, you football fans are weird. "good kid, good person, role model" etc - this sport is about taking a ball from one end of the field to the other, yes? did that change?

what a strange thing to say. the same thing could be said of Pailin and you, you know this right? i mean, she hunts, im told, so she's 2 for 2 on you already.

i hope im never such a fanboy of anything as to speak from its "nation".

The role model thing, yeah that's what football is. But I look at my favorite athlete of all time Ted Williams. Not only was he the best hitter ever, but he was a role model too. Visited kids in the hospital, and was the lead spokesperson for the Jimmy Fund. That part of what makes him a true hero of Boston.

What ya mean by the nation thing? :birf2:

Archived