Hondo's Bar

Blood Drive

Iambaytor

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcYEqZ27ggM?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcYEqZ27ggM?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcYEqZ27ggM?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Being an avid fan of Twisted Metal I find myself cautiously optimistic about this.

Their CEO is a jerk that has readily admitted to putting out crap games and marginal updates just to make the bottom line look better. He pressures the studios within Activision to cut corners and put out code before its ready to save money. The only studio he hasn't done that to is Blizzard, whom instead he's having monetize everything. He's why Starcraft 2 is 3 games and not 1. He's why BattleNet is going PaytoPlay.

Eh, a dick CEO seems like a bad reason to disparage a lot of legit developers. I heard the same argument for EA back in the day but it never compelled me to stop buying their merchandise, just stop smartly. I also figure that the 3 StarCrafts are seperate because it would be a ridiculously huge file to download (Wings of Liberty is HUGE) and the Battle.net thing is I figure because the Blizzard from the 1990s is gone. Most of the people (even Chris Metzen, though he's back now) have went on to other things, kinda like Bullfrog when EA bought them out and Peter Molyneux flew his crazy lies train on over to Lionhead. Though I would imagine the bitchy DRM is his fault. I refuse to put down an entire company though just cause the guy at the top is an ass, unless he needs a certain dollar amount to build his Jew-Killing death ray or something I think it only hurts things to not support the rest of the company.

i mean...to each their own, but i know a few people who boycott activision for their shitty business practices. i dont personally mind that they wrecked their own music genre by milking the fuck out of guitar hero year after year, and kinda look forward to when they do this to CoD, but the shit they put Shafer through with Brutal Legend, the stuff they've had going with Treyarch, his move to no longer support PC dedicated servers...there's reasons to hate the guy. i tend to boycott heavy DRM stuff more though, myself.

Boycotting DRM is easy, you just pirate it and have a laugh. As for Shaffer, lets not pretend that guy ever gets a break. LucasArts fucked him out of two nearly done sequels, Xbox decided to pass on probably the only Non-Halo exclusive they could've had that was worth a shit, he's just not a lucky guy.

Archived